where did it go?

Reaction score
new mac user. getting into the swing of things

had photobooth in my dock. moved it and it made that "puff" thing and now when i look for the application i cant find it :confused:

did i lose it completely?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27" iMac 2.7GHz Core i5, iPhone 6, iPad Air 2, 4th gen Apple TV
No, that's just a shortcut like desktop icon in windows. You can go to your applications folder to get it back.

Welcome to M-F and congrats on your new Mac!

M

MacHeadCase

l2ob, welcome here and welcome to the Mac platform.

To get that icon back, go to your Applications folder, grab the Photo Booth.app icon and drag it to the Dock with the other aliases (= Mac jargon meaning the same as "shortcuts" in the Windows jargon) already there and simply place it where you want it to be.

Don't drop that icon on the way to the Dock though 'cause that will take out Photo Booth out of the Applications folder. If this happens, it's no biggie though: you simply need to drag it back in the Applications folder.

OP
L
Reaction score
l2ob, welcome here and welcome to the Mac platform.

To get that icon back, go to your Applications folder, grab the Photo Booth.app icon and drag it to the Dock with the other aliases (= Mac jargon meaning the same as "shortcuts" in the Windows jargon) already there and simply place it where you want it to be.

Don't drop that icon on the way to the Dock though 'cause that will take out Photo Booth out of the Applications folder. If this happens, it's no biggie though: you simply need to drag it back in the Applications folder.

ya i think thats where my problem is. When i go to applications its not there. I searched for it using spotlight and it doest give me anything. i think i got rid of it somehow. Would using the backup disk that came with the computer bring it back?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27" iMac 2.7GHz Core i5, iPhone 6, iPad Air 2, 4th gen Apple TV
Nothing shows up on a search for photobooth?? Strange. I suppose you would need to use the backup, but I've never needed to use them myself, so I can't help you there. I'm sure one of the enlightened folks here can help you.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 24' 7 Snow Leopard + Parallels and Win 7 | 30 Gb iPod | Canon EOS 400D
Thanks MHC...I'll download that little beaut as well.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.