• The Mac-Forums Community Guidelines (linked at the top of every forum) are very clear, we respect US law and court precedence when it comes to legality of activity.

Therefore to clarify:
    • You may not discuss breaking DVD or BluRay encryption, copying, or "ripping" commercial, copy-protected DVDs.
    • This includes DVDs or BluRays you own. Even if you own the DVD or BluRay, it is still technically illegal under the DMCA to break the encryption. While some may argue otherwise, until the law is rewritten or the US Supreme Court strikes it down, we will adhere to the current intent of the law.
    • You may discuss ripping or copying unprotected movies or homemade DVDs.
    • You may discuss ripping or copying tools in the context that they are used for legal purposes as outlined in this post.

.Mac Video Chat

Reaction score
hi. i ahve a mac book and works awesome except for the ichat video. i try to invite my bf (who also has a mac book) to a video chat but it wont work. he accepts the invitation (so do i when he invites me) but everything blocks and an error window pops up. i dont know why....could you please reply if you have any idea?
thanks a lot

M

MacHeadCase

Welcome to Mac-Forums, cmona1.

Could you please post the error message? It would help us a little.

Also it would be helpful if you posted the OS versions (example: not Tiger but 10.4.3) and which Macs both you and your bf use.

OP
C
Reaction score
hi MacHeadCase. tks for replying. the OS version is 10.4.6 but idont remember what the error says at the moment. ill post it as soon as i get it again. ours are mac books (you know the white and the black versions)
SORRY for my lack of knowledge. I am definitely new to the .Mac world.
also..if you wont mind ...if u r online right now u might help finding this out. i can invite you in video chat and you ll see what the problem is
let me know
tks a lot!

M

MacHeadCase

Sorry I really can't at the mo: between appearances on the forum, I am doing homework and then I gotta do some boxes (we are moving in a couple of months).

Maybe you could look this up, iChat FAQs. It's a troubleshooting website for iChat.

Maybe another member here will be able to go in a chat with you to help out.

Good luck and do keep us posted on this. Let us know what you tried and post the error message when you see it again.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
1.67 Ghz 17" PB w/1 GB Ram; 400 MHz PM G4, 366Mhz iBook Firewire, Nano 4GB Black
I've never run into any problems with ichat's video chatting, but, that doesn't mean it's flawless. If you could post the error message, that would help tremendously.

Are you on a high speed internet connection? (almost anything but dialup should suffice)

It might be worthwhile to update you're software. OS X is currently in version 10.4.9, so bugs may be fixed if you update.

Have you installed any other security software or something which could be blocking your connection? Maybe changed security settings under OS X itself?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.