saving pictures from internet browser

Reaction score
first time having a mac obviously, there is no right click which is really annoying. anyways, in windows all i had to do was right click then go to "save image as". how do i do it on my macbook?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
White MacBook Intel C2D 2.2GHz, 2G, 250G, SD, Leopard.
It's real tough. Point on the image. Click. Drag it to your desktop.

That's it. ^_^

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Custom PC
Or you can hold the Control button, and then click, which brings up the "right-click" menu and save the image that way as well.

Reaction score
I don't have a Macbook so I can't direct you to it properly, but I keep reading about a two-finger-tap right-click setting in the system preferences somewhere, maybe in the keyboard and mouse pane. Unless that's only for MBPs.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
3.06 iMac i3|12GB|500GB
I usually drag it to my desktop, then hold it over the mac hd icon, then place it in the pictures folder =)

Reaction score
You can set up your trackpad to do ALL that a regular mouse does... two finger scrolling, two finger tapping and the like. Just go to system preferences then click on keyboard/mouse and then the tab for the trackpad... :) Have fun, I am (just got my firt mac (book) about 3 weeks ago). Cheers

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Studio, M1 Max, 32 GB RAM, 2 TB SSD
XMARLTONX is doing two Mac tricks in one, which is great. First, simply dragging a picture from the browser to the desktop (or anywhere in fact) which is great. Next however, he/she adds to this with the use of Spring Loaded Folders - drag the image over your Macintosh HD on the desktop, wait a moment, and it springs open - then repeat as needed until you get the photo to the folder you want. Excellent!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13" Macbook Pro 2.26Ghz Unibody 4G RAM 160G HDD Superdrive
XMARLTONX is doing two Mac tricks in one, which is great. First, simply dragging a picture from the browser to the desktop (or anywhere in fact) which is great. Next however, he/she adds to this with the use of Spring Loaded Folders - drag the image over your Macintosh HD on the desktop, wait a moment, and it springs open - then repeat as needed until you get the photo to the folder you want. Excellent!

I'll take it one further. Drag the picture from the browser, but wait! The browser/other windows are obscuring the HD icon. Well, okay I'll drag it off the browser to the lower right corner to invoke Exposé All Windows (which is what I have my hot corners set to, YMMV) and now the HD icon is exposed. Drag image to HD icon, and spring-loaded folder down to where you want it to go!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 5.1 | iMac 7.1 | iMac 12.1 | iMac 19.1 | iPhone 11 Pro | Watch s5
Dang walkerj beat me to it...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Pro 14" M1 Pro, 16GB, 1TB, OS 12.6.9
FYI...you can do this with text as well. Highlight any text you want...drag it onto the desktop....instant Text file!

-Nick

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook CoreDuo
I don't have a Macbook so I can't direct you to it properly, but I keep reading about a two-finger-tap right-click setting in the system preferences somewhere, maybe in the keyboard and mouse pane. Unless that's only for MBPs.

yeah, in the keyboard/mouse settings. its very helpful. theres also two-finger scrolling

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.