Audio Converters???

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 5.1 | iMac 7.1 | iMac 12.1 | iMac 19.1 | iPhone 11 Pro | Watch s5
Midi is instrument/note based, and so different than MP3 which is compressed wave form data. A good way to make this comparison is that midi=vector and mp3=bitmap. It's very hard to go from bitmap to vector, but the other way around is perfect.

From SoundCoverter's page: "Conversion from sample based formats (mp3, wav, etc) to note based formats (midi, ring tones, etc) is not supported."

There are some converters out there that will do it, but the results really stink. The best way to create a midi file is with a midi instrument program and sheet music.

What do you need a mid for?

M

MacHeadCase

I thought it was a ringtone .mid and I saw that in file formats? Lemme check...

Gah! you're right, giulio!

not supported Conversion from sample based formats (mp3, wav, etc) to note based formats (midi, ring tones, etc) is not supported.
Windows Media and Real Media formats are not officially supported.
DRM protected file conversions are not supported

Sorry about the confusion, all.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Does your phone accept .pmd or other sample-based format? Whats the make of the phone? I used to (and probably still do) have plenty of phone hacking utils on my PC at work. Mainly Qualcomm's own program.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Ah cool I can most likely help you out! Send me a PM tomorrow to remind me to get the apps for you. They are PC only and you'll need a USB data cable... is that possible?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.