Help! My Browsers have gone crazy!

Reaction score
Ah!!AAh!!
Something is really wrong. Firefox has stopped working properly, and Safari is aso ccrazy.
I did 2 things today, so it must be one of them. One is, Firefox said it was installing an update (or a new version?) It asked me to restart to fix that which I did.

Two, I installed ""Backuplist+", and tried to backup my hard drive to an external dhard drive. That took ages and didn't actually do anything - really wierd.

Andyway, now I cannot view my yahoo mail properly with firefox. Various things appear wrong. An I canot even view the mac forum! Soee internet sites are fine, some are not. This site is totally non-functional and I cnnnot read anything nor navigate.

So I tried using Safari, which I never use. I could read things in this website (forum), biut the boxes to wright in, such as the search panel, appear about 1mm tall!! So I cannot see what I type! And here, where I am writing this, the big box for text entry is normal size, but, I cannot see any text!! I think iti is typing really because I checked with the preview. But right now I can see notthing of what I am typing! (sorry then there aere probably many typos!)

How can I fix this!? What is the solution?

Thank you!

P.S. it (now I am using safari) also keeps asking for my "keychain password"! Like, when I wanted to type this post, and even upon posting it too. I haven't even made a keychain password! Anyway, another syptom of the problem I guess.
Justin

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
G4 AGP 400 MHz 1.34gb RAM
Repair Disk from Apple Install software disk. Insert the Mac OS X install CD and boot while pressing the C key. You will get into the OS Installer, then choose Utilities, Disk Utility from the Menu Bar.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 24' 7 Snow Leopard + Parallels and Win 7 | 30 Gb iPod | Canon EOS 400D
I use OnyX for disk repair and superduper for back up to external drives.

OP
J
Reaction score
Why would I want to do that? Do you think there is a problem with my disc? Anyway I have disk utility in my applications folder. I just used it to format my external drive. i don't see why I would want to use that for this web-browser problem. Do you think that is connected?

Also, I just noticed that Backuplist+ had put about 45000 (not a typo!) i items into my garbage bin, after I cancelled the backup session (it had taken 3 hours to do seemingly nothing - the external disc was still emplty! And then it took 3 hours to supposedly cancel the session! By that point of still not even succeeding to cancel it, I force quited it. It ha somehow fiilled my disc space (internal not external) a by filling my garbage. I have no idea why! Anyway, now, the web-browsers are still the same (troubled).

has anyone elsoe done the forefox update on an intel macbook?

Justin

OP
J
Reaction score
I restarted my laptop, and now it is working okay. I don't know what had happened.
Anyone else have bad experiences with "Backuplist+"?

Justin

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 24' 7 Snow Leopard + Parallels and Win 7 | 30 Gb iPod | Canon EOS 400D
I would still download Onyx and do some repairs....note I did not say format.
Superduper is easy to use and it will do your backups...just type either name into search like google and off you go

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.