AirPort and self assigned

A

azrail

Hello all,

I am working at the Rochester Institute of Technology, and we have had an intresting problem arise, and I want to see what the comminuty has to say.

Our campus is mostly wireless now, and we have a few different types of AP's, some of the AP's do not work with AirPort cards, and we note that. However we have come across the problem that Apple friendly AP's will drop AirPort connections when being activly used. Example: A professor is using Safari and it says can not display page, she checks her IP and it is a 169.* address. The person is not walking around, is in their office, and it goes bork. She recently upgraded to the new version iof the airport software, (running os10.3.3) and we, desktop support, dont know quite what to say. If anyone knows about this issue or has any ideas of what i can try and do that would be great.

--
Dave Walker
ITS Desktop Support

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" iBook G3 900/640/40 _ _ Power Macintosh G3 All-In-One 315/768/20 _ _ 20 GB iPod
azrail said:
She recently upgraded to the new version iof the airport software, (running os10.3.3) and we, desktop support, dont know quite what to say. If anyone knows about this issue or has any ideas of what i can try and do that would be great.

Honestly, it seems that the latest Airport software is causing more harm than good for most people. Read through this thread for information about some of the problems, the fact that Apple is aware of the problems, and a way to revert back to the previous version of the Airport software to hopefully resolve the problems.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.