• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

25th April ANZAC day for the Antipodeans

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13in Mac-Book, 24in imac, 15in G4 iMac, 12in PowerBook, G3 iMac, G3 PPC, G3 iBook, and a 'Newton'
Others besides Aussies and Kiwis might be interested..way off topic for a Mac board but history on a slaughter of men for no reason.

http://www.anzacsite.gov.au/

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 24' 7 Snow Leopard + Parallels and Win 7 | 30 Gb iPod | Canon EOS 400D
Its a bad thing that brought the Aussies and Kiwis together.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
G4 AGP 400 MHz 1.34gb RAM
Others besides Aussies and Kiwis might be interested..way off topic for a Mac board but history on a slaughter of men for no reason.

http://www.anzacsite.gov.au/

That site sends chills down my spine. April 24th, 1915 was the day when all Armenian intellectuals, doctors, scientists, etc. in Constantinople were gathered, imprisoned and slaughtered.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac Intel Core Duo 2 (Standard)
OP
MUDCRABS
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13in Mac-Book, 24in imac, 15in G4 iMac, 12in PowerBook, G3 iMac, G3 PPC, G3 iBook, and a 'Newton'
I didn't realise you had a problem with each other.

We don't have a problem until....................The Bledislo Cup then it's LOOK OUT:spook:

Bledisloe_cup.jpg

For the heathens, look it up on Google:spook:

OP
MUDCRABS
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Less we forget......ANZAC day today.

halfm.jpg

Reaction score
High Wycombe, Just outside London, England
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac 2.0Ghz, 2Gb RAM Early 2006, 30Gb iPod 5th Gen. 15" MacBookPro, 2.33GHz
As an Aussie in London I will be remembering that it is Anzac day today.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iBook G4 933Mhz
My dear brother :
I share your pain in this miserable day.I am a grandson of an officer who lost his life in Gelibolu(Gallipoli).Many people died in that war and i am sorry for the past.Isnt it ridiculous New Zealand and Anatolia are the different parts of the world so for which reason they fought?But as far as everyone can concern as a colony of Britain ,New Zealand and Australia didnt fight for their own rights ,they fought for bloody English reasons.Even in the memories of Anzacs they wrote 'we dont even know why we are here,they told us we will fight against an evil,in armistice times we had the chance to meet them they are honourable people defending their country".And all the books in my country says"Anzacs are honourable,friendly and brave people".
After the war, children of both nation accept each other as friends and brothers.I appriciate the honour your soldiers carry in thier heart.
It would be honour for me if you come and visit Canakkale as my visitor as grandchild of Anzacs come here every 18 March and we spend time together with them join parties have fun:)
I wrote a book this year about the war!Its name "An Epic Written By Blood". There are memories of Australian,New Zealand and Turkish soldiers in the book! You can download the texts from the link.Its my pleasure if you read it:)
http://rapidshare.com/files/27825179/anepicwrittenbyblood_copy.doc.html

peace brother

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2 iMacs 17+20" 2.16GHz 2GB RAM 500MB HDD 256MB Graphic card. 60Gig 5th gen iPod with Video
Least we forget

When I was a young man I carried my pack
And I lived the free life of a rover
From the Murray’s green basin to the dusty outback
I waltzed my Matilda all over

Then in nineteen-fifteen my country said son
It’s time to stop rambling ’cause there’s work to be done
So they gave me a tin hat and they gave me a gun
And they sent me away to the war

And the band played Waltzing Matilda
As we sailed away from the quay
And amidst all the tears and the shouts and the cheers
We sailed off for Gallipoli

How well I remember that terrible day
When the blood stained the sand and the water
And how in that **** that they called Suvla Bay
We were butchered like lambs at the slaughter

Johnny Turk he was ready, he primed himself well
He showered us with bullets, and he rained us with shells
And in five minutes flat he’d blown us all to ****
Nearly blew us right back to Australia

As we stopped to bury our slain
And we buried ours and the Turks buried theirs
Then it started all over again

Now those who were living did their best to survive
In that mad world of death, blood and fire
And for seven long weeks I kept myself alive
While the corpses around me piled higher

Then a big Turkish shell knocked me **** over ***
And when I awoke in my hospital bed
And saw what it had done, Christ I wished I was dead
Never knew there were worse things than dying

And no more I’ll go waltzing Matilda
To the green bushes so far and near
For to hang tent and pegs, a man needs two legs
No more waltzing Matilda for me

So they collected the cripples, the wounded and maimed
And they shipped us back home to Australia
The legless, the armless, the blind and insane
Those proud wounded heroes of Suvla

And as our ship pulled into Circular Quay
I looked at the place where me legs used to be
And thanked Christ there was nobody waiting for me
To grieve and to mourn and to pity

As they carried us down the gangway
But nobody cheered, they just stood and stared
And they turned their faces away

And now every April I sit on my perch
And I watch the parade pass before me
I see my old comrades, how proudly they march
Reliving the dreams of past glory

I see the old men, all twisted and torn
The forgotten heroes of a forgotten war
And the young people ask me, what are they marching for ?
And I ask myself the same question

And the band plays Waltzing Matilda
And the old men still answer the call
But year after year their numbers get fewer
Some day no one will march there at all

Waltzing Matilda, waltzing Matilda
Who’ll come a-waltzing Matilda with me ?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iBook G4 933Mhz
That site sends chills down my spine. April 24th, 1915 was the day when all Armenian intellectuals, doctors, scientists, etc. in Constantinople were gathered, imprisoned and slaughtered.
+ your last post

I really wonder what kind of a feeling is it in a mourning day as we are trying to give peace messages as the grandchild of soldiers fought in that war,slandering people never seen in your life ,prejudgements about the places you never seen people you never met!Without reading history from the trustfull sources.
Peace is all we searching for entire world as someone attacking countries,killing babies for PETROL for power and for show off.Peace is all we searching for to meet the beauties of this world and the most powerfull wish is to live in peace together in every land of this world doesnt metter his skin colour,his religion the nation he comes from.The past is full of violance,wars,fights for capitals and John DOE still wants to keep that scenes alive for its benefits to sell the weapons around.We forgot about the anger of the past to build the gardens of life filled with peace flowers.But we didnt forget our grandfathers died without no reason.And yesterday was the Anzac day i met with my friends came from Auckland,Melbourne,Darwin,Brisbane and together we gave the world peace messages,we visited the cemeteries.
Lets dont be a part of that game,the world is seeking the peace and someone is trying to blemish for its own reasons.posts like yours can be understood as a smear and i can feel heartbroken as i lost my grandfather in the war as my friends came from Australia yesterday and none of them have this kind of feelings, as long as you are not from the both country u d better leave it to people searching the peace.I kindly ask you to analyse the posts you write next time as you are posting a sensitive topic in a sensitive day try not make the people heartbroken please!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
+ your last post

I really wonder what kind of a feeling is it in a mourning day as we are trying to give peace messages as the grandchild of soldiers fought in that war,slandering people never seen in your life ,prejudgements about the places you never seen people you never met!Without reading history from the trustfull sources.
Peace is all we searching for entire world as someone attacking countries,killing babies for PETROL for power and for show off.Peace is all we searching for to meet the beauties of this world and the most powerfull wish is to live in peace together in every land of this world doesnt metter his skin colour,his religion the nation he comes from.The past is full of violance,wars,fights for capitals and John DOE still wants to keep that scenes alive for its benefits to sell the weapons around.We forgot about the anger of the past to build the gardens of life filled with peace flowers.But we didnt forget our grandfathers died without no reason.And yesterday was the Anzac day i met with my friends came from Auckland,Melbourne,Darwin,Brisbane and together we gave the world peace messages,we visited the cemeteries.
Lets dont be a part of that game,the world is seeking the peace and someone is trying to blemish for its own reasons.posts like yours can be understood as a smear and i can feel heartbroken as i lost my grandfather in the war as my friends came from Australia yesterday and none of them have this kind of feelings, as long as you are not from the both country u d better leave it to people searching the peace.I kindly ask you to analyse the posts you write next time as you are posting a sensitive topic in a sensitive day try not make the people heartbroken please!

I have some relatives to express sorrow and grief for regarding that day also. I apologize if it came accross too strong. Just conveying the truth. I am sure that some of my friends were there commemorating that day for their own relatives.

No, heart feelings, I hope.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iBook G4 933Mhz
I have some relatives to express sorrow and grief for regarding that day also. I apologize if it came accross too strong. Just conveying the truth. I am sure that some of my friends were there commemorating that day for their own relatives.

No, heart feelings, I hope.

Then it s a little bit hijacking the thread what you did,it s Anzac day! Respect is a virtue and hope it wont be late for some to learn that.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
If you are reading the whole post, I was just adding to the already existing info. I have many friends there now from all kinds of backgrounds, so I don't need to use any propaganda. I get the news from the horse's mouth.
If it will make you happy, I will apologize again.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.