Stopping new Safari windows from cascading

D

d00kie

Limited to the 1024x768 resolution on my iBook, I always made sure that Safari windows would take up the entire screen space (width at least). But, everytime I make a new window, it cascades the window to the right about 15 pixels, regardless of window size. While it lets you jump back the previous window easily, I prefer the power of Expose+Hot corners to do all my switching around.

I was wondering if there was a way to turn this off. I highly doubt that there is but maybe someone has come up with a solution. What about Firefox? I'm considering it as Safari tends to crash after about 3-4 hours even when idle.

Reaction score
I'm slowly sinking in the posts of Mac-forums
Your Mac's Specs
PowerBook 12" Combo Drive/867 MHz/256 MB RAM/40 GB hard drive/Mac OS X 10.3.5/AirPort Extreme it sux
Update to the latest version of Safari, it does not do this.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
1.6 ghz G5, Dual Monitors / 17" PowerBook 1.33 / 12" iBook
You can also tell it to open new windows in a Tab instead of a new browser window. It's in the Preferences.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MacBook Pro, 13" MacBook Black, 15" iMac G4, 24" iMac (soon!)
Yes, tabs are MUCH better than windows in my personal opinion. You might give them a try.

That's one of my few complaints about my Powerbook is the XGA resolution limited to 1024x768...but I'm learning to use the screen space well.

OP
D

d00kie

I'm not fond of the tabs because whenever I want to switch tabs fast I tend to hit the close button on the sides.

I guess I'll see if there's a Safari update.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
G4 1Ghz OS X 10.4.7
d00kie said:
Limited to the 1024x768 resolution on my iBook, I always made sure that Safari <snip> I'm considering it as Safari tends to crash after about 3-4 hours even when idle.
Have you been clearing history and emptying cache?

OP
D

d00kie

I clean/empty history/cache every week, and manually delete unknown/advertiser/spyware cookies every other week :D

BTW the 1.2 update solves it, thanks! I haven't got much time to test Safari's stability in the new version. Hopefully it wouldn't crash.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.