Well I convinced the wife....

Reaction score
Her Dell, my old laptop, finally died. So within an hour of the dell dying, we ordered her a MacBook 2.0GHz Intel Core 2 Duo - White.

Should be here on Tuesday or Wednesday.

I think I am more excited then her!!

No more:

"Honey the wireless thingy cannot to the network thingy"

"Sweetie, should I allow this exe or dll file to access the net through this zone alarm thingy?"

I am so excitied.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
3.06 iMac i3|12GB|500GB
Congrats on the new Mac purchase! You're going to love it!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 24' 7 Snow Leopard + Parallels and Win 7 | 30 Gb iPod | Canon EOS 400D
Good choice.

Now it will be 'sweetie, what a dmg?'
Honey 'why does it want to mount an image?'

OP
DeathtoToasters
Reaction score
Good choice.

Now it will be 'sweetie, what a dmg?'
Honey 'why does it want to mount an image?'

Great....thanks alot!

Actually all she really does is surf the net, write some stuff with Word for church, and run Toontown :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macky the 21.5'' iMac 2.7ghz i5 8GB, Mr. Pink 64GB iPhone 6, iPad Jr. 16GB Air 2, 13'' MBAir 1.6Ghz
Congrats toaster!! ;)

cwa107

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" MacBook Pro M1 Pro, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD
Another Mac finds a good home - sounds like she's a perfect candidate for a MacBook. Someday I'm going to convert my wife too. Unfortunately, she uses Windows machines extensively at work and I think it might be a tough sell (unless the only choice is Vista). The other unfortunate thing is that my Inspiron 700m isn't really all that old and I believe is still under warranty - so I don't expect it to die anytime soon.

OP
DeathtoToasters
Reaction score
Another Mac finds a good home - sounds like she's a perfect candidate for a MacBook. Someday I'm going to convert my wife too. Unfortunately, she uses Windows machines extensively at work and I think it might be a tough sell (unless the only choice is Vista). The other unfortunate thing is that my Inspiron 700m isn't really all that old and I believe is still under warranty - so I don't expect it to die anytime soon.

You would be surprised at the things a 7 year old, 4 year old, and 3 year old can destroy....if you turn your head... :spook:

cwa107

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" MacBook Pro M1 Pro, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD
You would be surprised at the things a 7 year old, 4 year old, and 3 year old can destroy....if you turn your head... :spook:

You're not kidding! As the proud parent of a rather rambunctious 2 year old, I can imagine what he'd do with either one of my laptops. Needless to say, I keep the MBP far out of his reach. Although he loves to get his grubby little hands on my screen ;)

OP
DeathtoToasters
Reaction score
You're not kidding! As the proud parent of a rather rambunctious 2 year old, I can imagine what he'd do with either one of my laptops. Needless to say, I keep the MBP far out of his reach. Although he loves to get his grubby little hands on my screen ;)

Well now you know who you need to go to when you might....ummm....WANT your dell destroyed.... :)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.