USB MicPlug and GarageBand

Reaction score
In working with recording applications such as GarageBand, there are good reasons for going in USB rather than depending on the Built-in mic or Line-in. The Mac-Pro Systems MicPlug USB Audio Mic Adapter is advertised to connect an external dynamic mic to a USB input cable to Mac.

I bought this plug but I get no sound when I try to record a real instrument track. The adapter is recognized by my Mac (OS X.4.9) as "C-Media Headphone Set" both as an input and output device.

Solutions, please.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
1.83 Ghz 17" iMac Core 2 Duo, 13" Macbook 2.16 Ghz, 17" Macbook Pro 2.66 GHZ
In garageband preferences check that you're using your USB audio mic as the input, and leave the output to built-in audio. Also make sure that you've armed the track for recording (the little "record" button just below the track name).

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Sooper Fast!
In working with recording applications such as GarageBand, there are good reasons for going in USB rather than depending on the Built-in mic or Line-in. The Mac-Pro Systems MicPlug USB Audio Mic Adapter is advertised to connect an external dynamic mic to a USB input cable to Mac.

I bought this plug but I get no sound when I try to record a real instrument track. The adapter is recognized by my Mac (OS X.4.9) as "C-Media Headphone Set" both as an input and output device.

Solutions, please.

What are you recording?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.