Printer profile

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 2,33GHz C2D 2GB RAM 256MB video + LCD Samsung 20" 206BW + Maxtor OneTouch III 500GB
Guys,

I have a macbook pro with a Samsung 20" 206BW LCD display.

My printer is an Epson Stylus Photo R220.

I'm a enthusiast photographer, and really dig to get nice prints from my inkjet.

But so far I'm very disappointed with my results! Since i bought this printer, I just can't get a print result that looks near as the screen picture.

I understand i really should try some kind of printer profiling (that ICC stuff), but I just don't know where to start, and how to do it.

What's that colorsync app in OS X? is there something I should set up there to help me accomplish this task?

any help is really, really appreciated!

tks in advance

M

MacHeadCase

A good idea would be to read this .pdf, ColorSync in Mac OS X.

That should explain ColorSync to you, how it works and it will walk you through the calibration of your monitor and syncing with your printer profile.

The .pdf is a bit old (for Jaguar) but it should be pretty much the same.

OP
andrebnu
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 2,33GHz C2D 2GB RAM 256MB video + LCD Samsung 20" 206BW + Maxtor OneTouch III 500GB
It's always you who comes in rescue for the newbies switchers...lol.

Tks for the link!

M

MacHeadCase

No problem at all.

Hope the .pdf answers your questions. If not post back, we'll do our best to help.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.