Safari wont play YouTube vids

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.33GHz Intel C2D MBP, 3GB RAM,200GB drive
Safari wont access youtube.com or display youtube vids on other sites.

This is my first try at Safari , help!!!

ive already triedclearing all cookies.
and all other sites work fine except youtube so far!:( :(

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Custom PC
Make sure you have Flash Player installed..

Click the Help menu, then down to "Installed plug-ins" and see if it's in the list.

If not, you can download it free from www.adobe.com

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook,2Ghz CD,1.5GBRAM,100GBHD,SL.PowerbookG4 12"1Ghz,768MbRAM,40GBHD,Leopard.imac G3 400Mhz,10.4
also try downloading flip4mac if you don't have it.

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
I can tell you exactly the problem. Right at the time you posted your first message about You Tube it would not go in here on ANY browser at all including on XP systems. It was a problem with YouTube with some ISP's at least as I never have issues. It came back in maybe 15-20 minutes but was SLOW as can be but now is fine again. So try it now in Safari.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Custom PC
also try downloading flip4mac if you don't have it.

This is mainly used to play *.wmv files on a Mac using Quicktime.. YouTube videos are *.flv which is a Flash video.

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
This is mainly used to play *.wmv files on a Mac using Quicktime.. YouTube videos are *.flv which is a Flash video.

Agreed.

His wording states the site would not even load and that is the exact problem I was having. At the exact time he posted that I was trying to access some Guitar videos of a favorite musician of mine and the site would not even load the home page.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.