Opening bookmarks in new tabs (Safari)

Reaction score
Is there a way to go to your bookmarks and open links in new tabs without first creating a new tab manually? It's really bugging me.....

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" Powerbook G4 • 24" iMac • iPhone 3Gs
Although it's still kind of buggy for me, holding down Command (apple key) while clicking a bookmark should open it in a new tab.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13" Macbook Pro 2.26Ghz Unibody 4G RAM 160G HDD Superdrive
I have a three button mouse, and I've set the middle button to open links in a new tab. There's a preference (I think under tabbed browsing.) Other apps like mail.app will honor this and open links clicked (not necessarily middle) will open in a new tab of the last Safari window.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black Macbook C2D 2GHz 3GB RAM 250GB HD iPhone 4 iPad 3G
I know in Firefox you can right click on the link and then select "Open in New Tab", which is better than opening a new tab manually and then pasting the link there. Don't know if that option is available in Safari though....

Oh, and like walker, on my PC I use the middle-click to open and close tabs. GREAT feature.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
- Macbook -
Although it's still kind of buggy for me, holding down Command (apple key) while clicking a bookmark should open it in a new tab.

I use this method too, works fine for me!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
- Macbook -
I'm on a MacBook too!? That's strange...

I'd help if I wasn't hopeless! Fear not, the experts will arrive shortly ;)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.