• The Mac-Forums Community Guidelines (linked at the top of every forum) are very clear, we respect US law and court precedence when it comes to legality of activity.

Therefore to clarify:
    • You may not discuss breaking DVD or BluRay encryption, copying, or "ripping" commercial, copy-protected DVDs.
    • This includes DVDs or BluRays you own. Even if you own the DVD or BluRay, it is still technically illegal under the DMCA to break the encryption. While some may argue otherwise, until the law is rewritten or the US Supreme Court strikes it down, we will adhere to the current intent of the law.
    • You may discuss ripping or copying unprotected movies or homemade DVDs.
    • You may discuss ripping or copying tools in the context that they are used for legal purposes as outlined in this post.

Newbie Help?!?

Reaction score
I have some stuff I want to move from my TV to my mac. I tried going through my video camera, but apparently I needed a VCR.

Is there anyway I can plug my computer into the TV directly and then move it from there.

Thanks for any advice.

bobtomay

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP '06 2.33 C2D 4GB 10.7; 13" MBA '14 1.8 i7 8GB 10.11; 21" iMac '13 2.9 i5 8GB 10.11; 6S
Where is the stuff in mention currently stored?

Ditto - do you have one of the Mitsubishi's that had built-in hard drive for use as DVR or something like it? If this is the case, we probably need the model # of the TV (or other device if your movies are not actually on the TV) to give you correct advice.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP 2.0 GHz, Core Duo, 2 GB Ram
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Someone posted on another thread that this info is a bit old (bout 2 years), but the software should be updated if the links are still good.

I've been using a similar setup on Windows, but plan to try this on my Mac as soon as I get home.

Best,

Brian

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
So, I found that if you download the FirewireSDK from apple, just like the tutorial says, the AVC Browser Enhanced in included. But it doesn't look like the screen shot on the tutorial.

Am I missing something, or did someone re-vamp the apple sample? If so, where can I get it. The links from the tutorial and every other site are the same, and that page no longer exists.

Thanks

Brian

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.