• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

I am in a peculiar state...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
G4 AGP 400 MHz 1.34gb RAM
It is a joke about our state of mind here for living in California. The best part is that we get the joke.
California is a peculiar state, because we have lots of interesting people of many different kinds. Everyone is welcomed and accepted for who they are.

Now, the reason for this post:
Because of the time zone, when I log onto the Mac Forum, most of you are in a deep sleep, except a few regulars.
When I make my rounds, sometimes it feels like I am intruding upon best friends.
I try not to answer any technical questions, unless I am pretty sure, and it is not very often when that happens.
This is my first forum of any kind, not just Mac. So, it took me a while to get around and figure things out.
I was not aware of reputation points, so I am very slow catching up. I clicked on all those buttons a while back and one of them said I was not allowed to do..., etc. Now, I understand what it had said at that time.
The other issue is with our personal schedules. My husband works from 12 noon of one day into the 2 a.m. of the next. So, every day is jet lag for both of us. We also get occasional 4 a.m. alarm company calls related to his work place, because of some alarm tripping. Sometimes, he has to get dressed, drive down there and enter the code to shut the system off after going off for about 30 minutes. I do most of his paperwork for him at home, so he can get some sleep.
It is difficult to be alert at times when I am online, therefore I apologize if I overlooked anyone's questions.

PS. I have just realized that I have been sending reputation points anonymously, because I did not know, I had to include my name.

:bone:

No applause needed.

Reaction score
applause, lol. I live in Alberta, Canada only an hour difference from California.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
3.4 Ghz i7 MacBook Pro (2015), iPad Pro (2014), iPhone Xs Max. Apple TV 4K
PS. I have just realized that I have been sending reputation points anonymously, because I did not know, I had to include my name.

Yo don't HAVE to, most folks do for + rep though...

OP
johntalin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
applause, lol. I live in Alberta, Canada only an hour difference from California.

Yey! Neighbors...
Is that by plane, car, bus or bike?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac Intel Core Duo 2 (Standard)
Yea I have a similar problem as it's 2.14am and there's not many Brits up so I rely on US and Canadians to keep me busy Online, which is a nice benefit of the Internet.

OP
johntalin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
It is only 6:18 p.m. here and I usually don't get online until 8 p.m. our time.

Reaction score
I used to show my location but removed it ... jus' a sec' ... it's fixed now.

OP
johntalin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I used to show my location but removed it ... jus' a sec' ... it's fixed now.

The Apple Isle, just for clarification:
The island of Tasmania, an Australian state, is located 200 km south of the eastern side of the continent, being separated from it by Bass Strait. Tasmania has a population of 484,700 (March 2005, ABS) and an area of 68 332 km² (26,383 square miles). Tasmania promotes itself as the Natural State and the "Island of Rejuvenation" owing to its large, and relatively unspoiled natural environment.
I invite any corrections necessary to complete the profile.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
The Apple Isle, just for clarification:
The island of Tasmania, an Australian state, is located 200 km south of the eastern side of the continent, being separated from it by Bass Strait. Tasmania has a population of 484,700 (March 2005, ABS) and an area of 68 332 km² (26,383 square miles). Tasmania promotes itself as the Natural State and the "Island of Rejuvenation" owing to its large, and relatively unspoiled natural environment.
I invite any corrections necessary to complete the profile.

I've been there. Twice in fact.....

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac Intel Core Duo 2 (Standard)
To be honest I thought it was a Joke.

I'm meant to be going to Ozzy Land soon to meet up with my Brother and Sister there, (they've only been there less than 1 Year)...but it gives me an excuse to go on Holiday.

btw If you wondering they were in Sydney but now there going to Perth.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
OP
johntalin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Positive Rep. You can leave positive or negative.

I only leave positive ones. Even when I have to point out a negative about the post, I give it a green rep. and my opinion.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
White MacBook Intel C2D 2.2GHz, 2G, 250G, SD, Leopard.
Gotta love the Mac. ^_^

Pulse, I recently put Hobart in the Dashboard because of our PMs. (Your wx is in Celsius, mine is in Fahrenheit.) Converting to west coast time is easy, but I added the clock anyway. UK is also pretty easy, but, well, the Mac just does it.

timezones_sm.png

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
White MacBook Intel C2D 2.2GHz, 2G, 250G, SD, Leopard.
Oh, and it's 11:45PM now.

I almost always sign my positive reps. I've only ever given two negative reps, and I signed them too.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 24' 7 Snow Leopard + Parallels and Win 7 | 30 Gb iPod | Canon EOS 400D

Count me it too.....doh. So if anyone out there had rep points it was probably me or johntalin......doh doh

Being in australia....I have the problems with forum members as you JT

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.