• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

15 Year Old

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
OK, as a reward for reaching a long list of arduous goals, I'm trying to think of something to purchase for my 14 year old son (who has practically everything). He's an X-Box junky (so I know Mass Effect if it's out yet is on the list)...

Question: what does every 14 year old boy want that I just can't think of?

Thanks in advance.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13'' Macbook w/ 2Ghz Core Duo, 2GB DDR2, 250GB HD, 10.5.4. iPod Touch.
When I was 14 I really wanted a new Mountain Bike, a new hiking backpack, and a computer.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.4 GHz intel core 2 duo MBP, iPhone 5, iPad 3
OK, as a reward for reaching a long list of arduous goals, I'm trying to think of something to purchase for my 14 year old son (who has practically everything). He's an X-Box junky (so I know Mass Effect if it's out yet is on the list)...

Thanks in advance.

Does he have an ipod? that would be a nice gift.

Reaction score

I can only think of one thing I wanted when I was 14, and my parents weren't about to get it for me. In fact, when they caught me trying to get it, I was no longer allowed to have my bedroom door closed if one of my female classmates was over to do "homework."

Can you give us a price range within which to work?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac's
I can only think of one thing I wanted when I was 14, and my parents weren't about to get it for me. In fact, when they caught me trying to get it, I was no longer allowed to have my bedroom door closed if one of my female classmates was over to do "homework."

Can you give us a price range within which to work?

LOL!!!!

Must... Spread... Rep... Around... :D:D:D

Reaction score
LOL!!!!

Must... Spread... Rep... Around... :D:D:D

lol i was gonna rep him too but, I need to spread rep around. WAAAHHH cause that is a good reply

OP
Bellator1968
Reaction score
OK, like I said, he has a lot (not spoiled, just very fortunate and he does earn it)... In fact he was grounded from video games, and all TV w/ the exception of news for the past few months. I won't go into details of why he was grounded (it was an academic issue, he's a GREAT kid).

Anyway, he has a PC (not a mac- I've only been on mine for 2 weeks now after using PC's for 12 years), an Ipod, a K5 too for that matter, an x-box, a PS2 and the gamecube....

Price range: I don't know... depends on what it is. For the sake of getting input... let's say up to a grand. LOL

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Pro 2.66GHz Quad, 1GB RAM
good post ToddG

an ipod is a good choice or maybe a G4 mac mini, they are around $300.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
3.4 Ghz i7 MacBook Pro (2015), iPad Pro (2014), iPhone Xs Max. Apple TV 4K

cwa107

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" MacBook Pro M1 Pro, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Pro 8x3.0ghz 12gb ram 8800GT , MBP 2.16 2GB Ram 17 inch.
I'd say a macbook. When I was 14, I loved my laptop.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.4 GHz intel core 2 duo MBP, iPhone 5, iPad 3
he is into games would he like a Wii?

rman

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14in MacBook Pro M1 Max 32GB 2TB
Save the money for his college education.

Just spend some quality time with him. It is cheaper and good for the both of you.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
G4 AGP 400 MHz 1.34gb RAM
Once I gave one of my close friends' 15 years old son an expensive remote controled sports car and he was very excited about it. Don't forget to pack the batteries with the gift.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook
Save the money for his college education.

Just spend some quality time with him. It is cheaper and good for the both of you.
I would have to agree here. Seems like he has enough material things already.
Maybe instead of material things that he will eventually lose interest in, he could be given more responsibility by way of broader boundaries of trust.
Later curfews, permission to get a job, more personal "freedoms", or some other intangible reward of that nature.
That would be far more rewarding in the long-run, as it would build better character. That is far more valuable than a material object, in my opinion.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
OP
Bellator1968
Reaction score
I didn't ask for input on how to parent... I'm keenly aware of what's important in life (education being the top priority) and my son and I have plenty of quality time together... including reading to one another (currently two books, The Count of Monte Cristo and The Diary Of A Young Girl- Anne Frank), we also volunteer several times a month at the Salvation Army, a local AIDS Clinic and the Humane Society. I could elaborate further but I'm a single father (Retired USMC by the way) and have laundry to do. My son works his tail off and humbly withholding all the exceedingly wonderful efforts he's put forth to deserve some recognition; it's my prerogative to do so. So, I'd appreciate it if the peanut gallery keeps their "want to be a parent" comments to another thread... I was asking about a gift.

Semper Fidelis

www.2Funks.com

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Hhmmmm...now I want one of those....

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac 2.16 ghz. 1 gb ram. 250 GB HDD. Screamer! 2gb ipod nano. 17 in powerbook G4 1.67/1 Gb/120gb
I actually have one. From a differnt company. It is my third one. They are just like a real car and need alot of maintenance. I like doing the work!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.