Do you think i should buy this...?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black MacBook, 2GHz, 200 GB, 2GB RAM
Ok, i have a serious question; I went to the Apple store ealier today searching for a joystick/gamepad. The store near where I live had only one kind, I liked it but it didn't specify "For Macbook" in the label.

Two things came to my mind:

1.) That joystick can't support macbook for some reason.

2.) It was manufactured before 2006 and macbooks still didn't exist, thats why they don't have "For Macbooks" in the label. But regardless, They can function with macbooks.

So what do you guys think? Are these gamepads that didn't say "for macbook" actually capable of being detected by my macbook or are they really incompatible? I need to decide quick coz i going back to the store tom.

Thanx!

Oh and in addition: The label said; for Powerbook and for Ibook. Since it specified these two and not macbook i became skeptical. This is where it all started.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Custom PC
I don't see why it wouldn't work, as the only "basic" hardware change is the Intel CPU. The OS and it's structure is the same, I'd imagine.

I'd suggest takign a gander at Logitech's Gamepads

They are obviously a major peripherial company and are very compatible with Mac's.

I also have this cool little device that lets me connect a Sony PSX/PS2 controller to my Mac/PC via USB without drivers, and I can map the controls myself from within the game. I use it for everything from ROM's to messin' stuff up in Halo/Call of Duty on my Mac.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Sooper Fast!
Is it USB and does it come with software? If so, it should work. I'm sure that if the newest version of OSX doesn't support that exta joystick, it's probably got some type of generic driver for it.

And if it has a connection that compatible with a macbook (USB/firewire(Even though I've never heard of a fire wire interface device)), it should work if it works with OS X. Because unless there Macbooks are a completely different device than any other mac ever made, it's more dependant on the OS and the drivers than anything.

It's like Windows Vista. Just because the computer doesn't have one of those shiny little Vista ready stickers on it, doesn't mean it won't work with it.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.