photos fading on G4

Reaction score
Hi all . First post here . My photos in iphoto and Canon Image Browser are disintegrating . I have a powerbook G4 . I only know enough about this computer to get in and out of buying and selling on eBay . Do I need more memory ? Are the photos still fixable ????? Thanks . Zoom .

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2011 MBP, i7, 16GB RAM, MBP 2.16Ghz Core Duo, 2GB ram, Dual 867Mhz MDD, 1.75GB ram, ATI 9800 Pro vid
You haven't given enough information. Post a small sample. I'll leave to you to learn how.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Studio, M1 Max, 32 GB RAM, 2 TB SSD
Perhaps the photos aren't disintegrating, your monitor is fading? If this is the case, a simple recalibration may be enough to put things right. xstep is right, post a sample and we can say more. However, it is fair to say that digital images don't "disintegrate" - likely your monitor simply isn't doing a very good job of displaying them anymore.

OH, and BTW, Welcome to Mac-Forums!!!!

OP
Z
Reaction score
Well I was wrong about Canon Image Browser . Those photos are ok . All the photos in iphoto look like crap . If I knew how to get a picture out of iphoto I would post it , all I can tell you is they really look like they are falling apart .

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
Well I was wrong about Canon Image Browser . Those photos are ok . All the photos in iphoto look like crap . If I knew how to get a picture out of iphoto I would post it , all I can tell you is they really look like they are falling apart .

Click on a pic and hold down the button and drag it to the desktop then post a link to it here on the forums. There is something seriously wrong with iPhoto if the pics look bad in it and not anywhere else.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Al iMac 20" 2.4Ghz Intel Core 2 Duo
Files, which is all that your photos are, don't 'disintegrate' as such.

If you save them over and over as JPEGs, or save at a low quality, they will start to pixellate. Important photos should be saved in a lossless, not lossy format, such as TIF.

Reaction score
Files, which is all that your photos are, don't 'disintegrate' as such.

If you save them over and over as JPEGs, or save at a low quality, they will start to pixellate. Important photos should be saved in a lossless, not lossy format, such as TIF.

Or RAW, if you dare... ;)

Sorry guys, the semi-pro photographer in me couldn't help it.

(zoomduck, don't worry about it. Let's fix your iPhoto first.)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.