• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

Now that Don Imus apologized and was fired...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac
When is it Al Sharptons turn to apologize and have his supposed title of "Reverend" revoked for all of the false accusations and racist remarks toward Steven Pagones in the Tawana Brawley case back in the eighties? Or what about the crown heights riots? (which by the way last I checked any "man of the cloth" is supposed to be all about peace and love for all of god's children correct? but yet "Reverend" Al Sharpton helped incite the riots) Not gonna happen is it? yeah I didnt think so either.

I'm not agreeing with what Imus said at all and im the last person to be racist considering im half white and half hispanic and have plenty of black, white, spanish, asian, and middle eastern friends and I dont even like Imus to be honest with you BUT why is there ALWAYS a double standard?

The guy messed up and said the wrong thing as a joke and in the process offended people, he apologized and was suspended for two weeks and it shouldve ended there but instead the media got over involved as usual and basically hung the guy out to dry...what happened to free speech? why is it that if anyone whos not white cracks a joke about white people hes considered a comedic genius?(for example: Chris Rock, Eddie Murphy, Richard Pryor an plenty of other guys whos comedy I LOVE) but when it's the other way around it's racist? I'm all about free speech and all that and to be honest i dont mind white jokes and i dont mind hispanic jokes and being both it shouldnt bother me...why? BECAUSE I KNOW ITS A JOKE! It's different if someone were to attack me personally or anyone for that matter with racist remarks but everyone knows the difference between comedy and racism and even if you don't everyone is entitled to their own opinion whether you agree with it or not.

All I'm saying is even if you dont agree with someones point of view or sense of humour doesnt give anyone other then the people who employ him to be on the radio as a public figure the right to call to have him fired. Instead the media and people like Al Sharpton make a huge deal about one small slip up of a bad joke and force advertisers and radio stations to drop someone who apparently has a big following and whos known for offending people in a joking matter, if you dont want to hear it THEN SHUT IT OFF! You've got a choice to listen to what you do and dont want to hear so make the choice!

When will Al Sharpton call for rappers to stop reffering to black women as "***** headed ****"? NEVER.

A black supremecist and a white supremicist are the same thing. but why are things like the NAACP and BET not considered to be racist? An all white owned and operated business is considerd racist and unfair and is forced to fill "minority quotas" but a black owned and operated business is perfectly ok and not given the same "minority quotas".

Seperatism is just as wrong as racism.

Ok I'm done ranting now and I apologize lol carry on Ladies and Gents

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
C2D MacBook Pro
There is a reason Al Sharpton is not very well respected.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
3.4 Ghz i7 MacBook Pro (2015), iPad Pro (2014), iPhone Xs Max. Apple TV 4K
Notice your getting no argument from me here....

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Apple Black MacBook 2 GB RAM, 2.0 GHZ Intel Core 2 Duo Proecessor, 120 GB HD. 30 GB Black iPod Video
You see TURTLE, your argument is too logical for anyone in politics to agree with that statement. You have to understand that hypocritical liberal ideologues are in charge of things like that, and they decide what you can and can't say and can and can't do. The basic rule of thumb on this issue is that if it's protected by the first amendment, then you probably can't say it.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 5.1 | iMac 7.1 | iMac 12.1 | iMac 19.1 | iPhone 11 Pro | Watch s5
Agreed. If he actually cared about helping people, he would find out what physically harms the most people. I'm sure it's not Imus' words.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac C2D 2.16ghz, 13" MacBook 2.0ghz, 60gb iPod vid, 1gb nano
I am waiting for Jesse Jackson to apologize to the 3 duke lacrosse players (one of whom I played with for 4 years and still talk to) and offer them the same scholarship that he offered to the "victim"

eric

Retired Staff
Reaction score
the real crime was that anyone still listened to don imus.

i didn't even realize he was still on air until this happened.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Apple Black MacBook 2 GB RAM, 2.0 GHZ Intel Core 2 Duo Proecessor, 120 GB HD. 30 GB Black iPod Video

LOL, neither did I.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Pro 8x3.0ghz 12gb ram 8800GT , MBP 2.16 2GB Ram 17 inch.
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
There is a reason Al Sharpton is not very well respected.

Notice your getting no argument from me here....

Agreed. If he actually cared about helping people, he would find out what physically harms the most people. I'm sure it's not Imus' words.

I am waiting for Jesse Jackson to apologize to the 3 duke lacrosse players (one of whom I played with for 4 years and still talk to) and offer them the same scholarship that he offered to the "victim"

I am not going to argue against this thread either.

Ok, we're gonna need some political correctness police to join Mac-Forums and come in and tell us we're wrong. I can't stand this much unanimous agreement in one night.

eric

Retired Staff
Reaction score
well, i was the one who braved posting about my company's awful black history month poll, and you'll still get little arguement from me on the basis of what you're saying.

do i think he specifically was a moron for saying it? yep. you bet. on a few different levels. but as the turtle clearly pointed out, there is quite a bit of hypocracy going on around this incident.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
do i think he specifically was a moron for saying it? yep. you bet. on a few different levels. but as the turtle clearly pointed out, there is quite a bit of hypocracy going on around this incident.

Ok, well that's basically exactly how I feel. I think Imus is an idiot, but I believe he should be allowed to say it. Just as rappers, and Al Sharpton should be allowed to offend people. I find offensive speech from both sides refreshing. I don't know why, but I do. What we need is someone who says, "people who say offensive things deserve to be punished. The first amendment doesn't matter when they say wicked things."

eric

Retired Staff
Reaction score
well, i also believe in free enterprise to some extent, and i believe that while the government may not have any basis to punish him, his employers have every right to fire him.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17" c2d MBP/airprt extreme/ 500gb ext HD/TVmicro tuner/notepal coolmaster
I dunno, if i made any remark that can be misconstrued as racist and sexist, id prolly be fired or sued on the spot, no if's and but's about it, even if i made it as a joke (that's why i dont make jokes of other peoples nationalities or race, cuz i dont think those jokes are funny and are often made by bigoted individuals at the expense of someone heritage and history). Even if he said it as a joke, He has to take some responsibility and the accountability that follows for his actions. In terms of getting fired, or type of punishment he deserves, it's really up to those who pays his salary...... and i agree there is a double standard in our society, can we change it? probably not....... should he be fired? i think it is appropriate regardless of what Rev. Sharpton says or doesnt say...

josh

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17" c2d MBP/airprt extreme/ 500gb ext HD/TVmicro tuner/notepal coolmaster
sorry if i ramble....
i tend to "type" the way I speak which has tons of run-ons, fragments. My new year's resolution for this year was to clean up my grammar, so I am still working on it.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Dual 2 Ghz powerpc G5 2.5gb ddr Ram - OSX 10.4.8
INTELLIGENTNEWZNET
INFORMING the HIP-HOP COMMUNITY

An Intelligent Point of View (Volume 8)

Don "I Mus" say **** YOU!

Yes, I do believe that Don Imus and his buddies should have their old asses kicked, but, I'm more concerned about the "black" American "leaders" (Jesse, Sharpton), "black" TV/talk-radio personalities, etc. saying "dumb" **** like Hip-Hop is the reason for Imus using the term "*****-headed ***", etc., etc.

While driving my seed to school earlier this week I heard Steve Harvey, a very intelligent brother whom I admire, say, while addressing the "Imus-issue", that the Hip-Hop community has to stop disrespecting our women by calling them *****es, *** and the like.

This INTELLIGENT point of view is not to address the erroneous assumption that Hip Hop is responsible for terms like "******", "*****" and "*****-headed ***" being in the American vocabulary, Davey D (www.daveyd.com) has already written a MUST READ article entitled "Is Hip Hop Really the Blame for this Don Imus Thing?, dispelling this baseless idea.

The purpose of this article is to say that, yes, there are rappers who use such terms as ***** and or n**** in their recordings, but, for every rapper that uses these terms their are 10 who don't! I'm asking the question, why is it that all ten of the rappers we hear on mainstream radio, and see on mainstream video, ironically, those who use such language? And why is the view represented by these "TEN" rappers made to be the view of the HIP-HOP COMMUNITY?

I challenge Steve Harvey, Michael Baisden, Al Sharpton, Jesse Jackson, Don Imus and any one else on radio and/or television who subscribes to the idea that Hip Hop is to blame, to take these 10 names (Little Brother, Wise Intelligent, Dead Prez, Immortal Technique, Public Enemy, Brother J, NYOIL, Talib Kweli, The Coup, or Paris) to the program directors of the stations that you work for and ask them why are we NOT playing ANY rappers with messages that oppose the ni#$%, *****, gangster ideology that dominates mainstream music media outlets including but not limited to Radio and Video?

It was BET who unashamedly told us that Little Brother was "too intelligent" for BET's target market? The target market of "Black Entertainment Television" is, as far as I understand it to be, the BLACK community? So, in the opinion of BET, the black community is not "intelligent" enough to understand the views of a group of young black males who decided to go to college while pursuing their careers as rap artists simultaneously? But, the black community is ignorant enough to understand the story of a stripper named "Diamond" who dances at "The Players Club" to pay for her collegiate education, a movie where "*****" and "**" is the primary dialogue (This movie gets as much rotation as Young Jeezy on BET)?

It was from white America that we get the word "******", it is from white America that we also get the term "*****-headed wench." All of these terms have been kept alive by Hollywood in movies like "Mandingo", "Drum" and or "Farewell Uncle Tom." But, today you're telling me that black rappers taught old *** Don Imus these words? Don Imus' old *** got these words from his father's father; not Hip-Hop!

Hip-Hop is not responsible for the diffusion of negative portrayals of Black people in America, Hollywood, the Music Industry, Major Radio/Video Broadcast Stations have been, and continue to control the images responsible for shaping the attitudes and lifestyles of Americans for decades now. If, the major outlets for Hip-Hop art are not controlled by the "Hip Hop Community" well then the Hip Hop community does not decide what does or does not get played, and therefore, cannot be responsible!

Thus, we have TEN rappers signed to and in rotation at any and all of the aforementioned Major Corporations and all of them represent the same view of the black male in America; the drug-dealer/gangster/convict turned rapper. Never do we hear those views that represent the anti-thesis to this destructive image; views that are in great abundance in every "hood."

I challenge Steve Harvey, Michael Baisden, Al Sharpton, Jesse Jackson, Oprah Winfrey, etc., ad infinite, to demand that the media corporations who write your checks balance their radio/video play-lists by adding 10 rappers into the rotation whose views are uplifting and motivate black youth toward positive attitudes and lifestyles. Until you find the ****ing balls to challenge this MACHINE, your views on the symptoms created by the MACHINE are NOT welcome!

Failure to confront the root causes of the problems we face as a people is really the true FAILURE!

Please pick up the book…….

“The Name Negro It's Origin And Evil Use”…by Richard B. Moore

PROPER
EDUCATION
ALWAYS
COUNTERS
EXPLOITATION

WISE INTELLIGENT

IT’S NO LONGER SMART TO BE DUMB!

Here goes a very very very small list of rappers and albums that they either totally refused to play or criminally marginalized on commercial radio…

Food and Liquor…………..Lupe Fiasco……….2006

Blue Collar………………Rhymefest……..2006

Blessed be the Poor? The UnMixtape…………Wise Intelligent………..2006

Like Water For Chocolate…………..Common…….2000
Electric Circus………….Common…………2004

Amethyst Rock Star…………Saul Williams……….2001
Saul Williams……………Saul Williams………..2005

Sonic Jihad….by Paris……..2003

Heroes of the Harvest………..Arrested Development…….2002
Among the Trees……………Arrested Development……….2004
Since the Last Time…………..Arrested Development…….2006

Rebirth of a Nation…Public Enemy 2006
New Whirl Odor…Public Enemy 2005
Revolverlution…Public Enemy 2002
There’s a Poison Going On…Public Enemy 1999-2000

Enters the Colossus………Mr. Lif…………..2000
Emergency Rations………Mr. Lif…………2002
I Phantom…………..Mr. Lif………………2003
Mo' Mega…………..Mr. Lif……………..2006

Mind over Matter………Zion I……….2000
Break a Dawn…………Zion I………….2006

Almost Famous…………Living Legends………2001
Creative Differences………….Living Legends……….2004
Classic………..Living Legends…………2005

Dead Prez Presents M-1: Confidential…2006
Can't Sell Dope Forever by Dead Prez / Outlaws…2006
Turn off the Radio: The Mixtape, Vol. 1…by Dead Prez…2002
Turn off the Radio: The Mixtape, Vol. 2: Get Free or Die Tryin'…by Dead Prez…2003
RBG: Revolutionary But Gangsta…by Dead Prez…2004
Let’s Get Free…by Dead Prez…2000

The Leak Edition, Vol. 1…………John Robinson……….2005
The Leak Edition, Vol. 2……….John Robinson………..2006

Coming Forth By Day: The Book of the Dead…………Scienz of Life………..2000
Blaxploitation Sessions………….Scienz of Life……………2006

Exodus into Unheard Rhythms…………..by OH NO………….2006

Black Star…Black Star (Mos Def & Talib Kweli)…2000-01
Black on Both Sides…by Mos Def…2002
The New Danger…by Mos Def…2004
True Magic…by Mos Def…2006

Reflection Eternal/Train of Thought…Talib Kweli…2002
Quality….Talib Kweli…..2003
The Beautiful Struggle…Talib Kweli…2004
Right About Now……..Talib Kweli…..2005
Liberation…………Talib Kweli/Madlib…………2007

Things Fall Apart….The Roots…….1999-2000
Phrenology……The Roots……2002
Game Theory……The Roots….2006

The Sneak Attack………KRS ONE………….2001
Spiritual Minded……..KRS ONE………….2002
Prophets Vs. Profits……….KRS ONE……..2003
Kristyles……………….KRS ONE………….2003
Keep Right……………….KRS ONE………2004
Life……………………..KRS ONE…………2006

Exit………..K-OS…………..2002
Joyful Rebellion…………K-OS………….2004
Atlantis: Hymns for Disco………K-OS……..2006

Break Glass…………. Polyrhythm Addicts……..2007

Quality Control……….Jurassic 5….2000
Power in Numbers……..Jurassic 5…..2002
Feedback…………Jurassic 5………2006

Nia…………Blackalicious………2000
Blazing Arrow…….Blackalicious…….2002
The Craft……….Blackalicious…….2005

Later That Day...Lyrics Born……….2003
Same !@#$ Different Day…….Lyrics Born………2005

Attack of the Attacking Things………Jean Grae……..2002
The Bootleg Of The Bootleg EP……….Jean Grae…….2003
This Week……Jean Grae…………2004

The Listening………Little Brother……….2003
The Minstrel Show……..Little Brother………2005

Murs 3:16: The 9th Edition……….Murs……….2004
Murray's Revenge…………..Murs……………2006

Donuts……….J Dilla…………2006
The Shining……….J Dilla……….2006

Music, Magic, Myth……….The Last Emperor………2003

Internal Affairs……….Pharohe Monch……….1999-2000

Revolutionary, Vol. 1………..Immortal Technique……..2000
Revolutionary, Vol. 2…………..Immortal Technique………2005

Fire in the Hole………..Brand Nubian……….2004

The 5% Album…………Lord Jamar……2006

Experience & Education………Sadat X………..2005
Black October……….Sadat X…………2006

Self Destruction………I Self Divine………..2005

Reprogram……..The Boom Bap Project…….2005

Operation: Doomsday……….MF DOOM………2001
Vaudeville Villain………….MF DOOM………2003

3rd Eye Vision…………….Heiroglyphics……….2001
Full Circle……………Heiroglyphics………….2003

Art Official Intelligence: Mosaic Thump…………..De La Soul…………2000
AOI: Bionix……………..De La Soul…………….2001
The Grind Date…………….De La Soul…………….2004

A Long Hot Summer………..Masta Ace……………..2004

Mirror Music…………..Woodsworth………….2004

The Platform……………Dilated Peoples………….2000
Expansion Team………….. Dilated Peoples………….2001
Neighborhood Watch………… Dilated Peoples………2004
20/20…………….. Dilated Peoples………….2006

Party Music………The Coup…………2001
Pick a Bigger Weapon………..The Coup………2006

Blue Scholars………….Blue Scholars………….2004
Prointelpro…… The Dope Poet Society…………..2007
Stay Human …. Michael Franti…………..2001
Songs From the Front Porch: An Acoustic Collection…………..Michael Franti………..2004
Everyone Deserves Music………….Michael Franti……..2003

American Me……C L Smooth…………..2006

Pigeon John Is Dating Your Sister…………….Pigeon John………….2003
...And The Summertime Pool Party……….Pigeon John………..2006
5 Sparrows for 2 Cents…………..The Procussions……..2006

The Healing……………..Strange Fruit Project………2006

Trinity (Past, Present and Future)………….Slum Village……….2002
Detroit Deli (A Taste of Detroit)………..Slum Village…….2004
Slum Village…………..Slum Village……………..2005

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 13 Inch, 2 Mac Mini's 1.66 & 1.83, 2- iMac Intel i3 iPhone 4 & iPad 2 32 gig.
Now that Don is fired maybe he can get a job watching Anna Nicole Smith's baby so we can get both of these useless stories off our airwaves.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Now that Don is fired maybe he can get a job watching Anna Nicole Smith's baby so we can get both of these useless stories off our airwaves.

No he can't do that. Scott Peterson is the dad. ;)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Pro 2.6 GHz, 4 GB, 200 GB, 256MB Vid
someone just stop the "major news" bus, i wanna get off for a while........................

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.