iPlayMusic Beginner Guitar Lessons

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
imac 17" intel core duo, 512mb,160gb, super-drive
Has anyone used this software on their mac? I am thinking about purchasing it, to teach myself how to play my guitar and use it with garageband, but i was wondering if it was worth it. The reviews on apple website are good, but there are only 3...I was hoping for some more feedback before i purchased it...

Reaction score
uhm.. i havent use this one. but, is it a software that will teach you to play guitar in general or teaching you to use the garageband using guitar? if its a guitar lesson in general, i recommend not buying it, instead just go to a guitar lesson website and teach yourself. take it from me cause im a guitarist myself. and using guitar with garageband, you can access the help or you can ask me here. im currently getting the hang on this recording software so i think i might be able to help you.

OP
L
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
imac 17" intel core duo, 512mb,160gb, super-drive
it is a software that teaches you how to play guitar, and then transfer your songs to garageband...i can play guitar a little, but am looking for something to help me learn some more...and then record what i play in garageband..

Reaction score
ah. what about guitar pro? its a program that plays songs and shows the tab for you. GP can play your favorite songs at the same time shows you how to play it. rhythm, lead, bass and many more instruments. it doesnt teaches you per se but it can help you enhance your skills. guitar pro is not free. but there's a free trial. and you can download GP files from www.ultimate-guitar.com.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
1.67ghz powerbook G4, 1GB RAM, 100GB HD.
Id say get a real teacher - so much better than a program or teaching yourself, at least until you get the basics down and learn howto learn! Then you can use guitar pro to teach yourself songs.

Find yourself a band as soon as you can play a few good songs - again, playing with real people is good and you can learn alot form that. Although real people wont be as reliable as guitar pro :p

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.