how do I drag and select multiple files?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook, 80GB, 1GB, Superdrive
Hi - probably a stupid question but how do i drag and select mutlitple files on a Macbook trackpad? I want to get some artwork from some track in iTunes and i'm sure thre is a quicker way than doing them one by one!
Thanks,
TH

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Air | iPad | iPhone | iPod Classic | iPod Shuffle | no more money
Ok selecting and dragging multiple items using a track pad is a 2 fingered or possibly 2 handed job.

I use 2 fingers: use first finger to move pointer into area were these files are and then press the mouse button with the second finger (do not let go) - with first finger move the pointer over the files you want to select (they should all be highlighting as you do this). once selected - release both fingers.

You have them selected.

Now again use one finger to move the mouse pointer to one of the selected files (do not tap or click) - now with a second finger press the trackpad button in (do not release) - with the first finger, move the pointer (you should see the selected files follow the mouse pointer) when you get to where you want them - release your second finger from the trackpad button.

Ok - did that make sense?

Reaction score
Shift + Click the first item. Shift + Click the second item. Now click and hold on either and drag to the trash...they'll both go!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Powermac G4/450 OSX 10.4.11
I haven't used a macbook trackpad, but assuming it's similar to other mac laptops, the way i use a trackpad to select items is to use the index finger to manoeuvre the pointer and the thumb to click the button (use the side of the thumb)
Doing it this way should enable you to select multiple items

Alternatively, don't forget you can use shift-click and command-click to select multiple items

OP
thoras_herd
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook, 80GB, 1GB, Superdrive
thanks everyone - click and shift wrked best in iTunes :)
i will get used to the new way of working soon! bye bye pC - i love my Mac

Reaction score
thanks everyone - click and shift wrked best in iTunes :)
i will get used to the new way of working soon! bye bye pC - i love my Mac
Another satisfied customer.
thumbup.gif

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.