Mac newbie

Reaction score
I'm looking to eliminate MS PC from my life, so just got Power Mac G4 and G3 Imac pretty cheap both are 400mhz, basically to get acclimated to the Mac world and to build up software the snail way. My current configuration I cannot live without is Illustrator 10, Photoshop 6 and Quickbooks Pro for all that business stuff.
I loaded OS 4.4 onto both computers, with the machines as they are, would I be able to comfortably run my current configuration of Adobe software and is there a comparable Mac business accounting software out there (I've read BAD things about Quickbooks Mac version), and also what can I cheaply do to make the G4 faster?

Any advise would be helpful

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
G4 AGP 400 MHz 1.34gb RAM
Welcome kcosh400,

The best way to start would be to read some of the threads and posts in Mac Forum. You can do a search with the key words like Upgrade G4, Upgrade CPU Speed, Upgrade SDRAM, etc. There are many valuable information posted by some knowledgeable members.

This will help to identify your G4 and G3:
http://www.macupgrades.co.uk/store/help-me-find-my-mac.php#g4

OP
K
Reaction score
Thanks for the help, I now know I have first gen G4 with PCI video. This forum has already been a lot of help, the Imac had a video issue with distorted screen I thought I would have to change out video card; if any, or just trash it and chalk this up to experience. But with several post I realized this was a firmware issue.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.