Direct Connect???

Reaction score
I'm a recent switcher and was using DC++ on my PC... i tried Shakespeer but it doesn't appear to work very well (i might be doin' something wrong but...) are there any other good, easy to use Direct Connect apps for mac?

Reaction score
Direct Connect is what I used before ShakesPeer...but I like ShakesPeer better. What isn't working?

OP
J
Reaction score
well for starters, i can't seem to download ANYONE'S lists ... shakespeer seems to be almost identical to DC++ and i could use that just fine haha...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
24" iMac, 500gb HD, 2gb RAM, other stuff too i guess.
i just downloaded shakespeer and can't even get it to connect..

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
when i click connect it asks for an address, nickname and password. i dont know what to put for any of those fields.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black Macbook
How to login to direct connect Shakespeere on a local network

when i click connect it asks for an address, nickname and password. i dont know what to put for any of those fields.

- If your direct connect local network has a hub address that you know of you can enter it into the "address" section. Here at my university it is "csbsjuhub.kicks-***.net". I had to find this out through friends, I am not sure of a way to search for it.

On our local direct connect network, the hub is ran by a windows computer using DC++, so when using Shakespeer, you must have "[MAC]" before your username, no spaces.

Example: [MAC]sam3g

I'm not sure about everything, but on our network you can just leave the password and email sections blank.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
so how can i find what address to use?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.