• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

iMac withdrawal

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 5.1 | iMac 7.1 | iMac 12.1 | iMac 19.1 | iPhone 11 Pro | Watch s5
It happens every morning at work.

The problem is, my home computer. 20" iMac, 2.3 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, 2GB ram. 256MB video. Apple keyboard. Apple Mighty Mouse with scroll ball.

But then, I get to work, and use my 1.4 GHz G4 w/ 1GB ram. 32MB video. 20" Samsung monitor. Compaq keyboard. Belkin mouse with scroll wheel.

Sometimes I think of adorning my work monitor with a small sand box, some little fancy-drink umbrellas, maybe a small palm tree or two. You know... to go along with all the beach balls.
Augh.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" Powerbook G4 • 24" iMac • iPhone 3Gs
At least you get to go to work and use a Mac.

Maybe I should adorn my monitors with a game of Boggle, to go along with all the hourglasses. (I'm not one for analogies)

I would kill to work on a G3 at work, as long as it's OS X.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Apple Black MacBook 2 GB RAM, 2.0 GHZ Intel Core 2 Duo Proecessor, 120 GB HD. 30 GB Black iPod Video
I have to use a Dell at work, I don't know the model, but it only has 256 MB of RAM. I get the hourglass more than I get the arrow.

Reaction score
At least it's a Mac. I'm stuck on a Windoze PC at work.

When I'm at work, I feel like I'm cheating with an unstable, slow-witted mistress that is known around the office to have a few viruses. :black:

Alas, I have Minesweeper!

RTP

Reaction score
I have to use a Dell at work, I don't know the model, but it only has 256 MB of RAM. I get the hourglass more than I get the arrow.

Haha - your workplace is as cheap as mine! My work 'puter (also an ancient Dell with 256MB RAM) takes 10-15 mins to boot up and open my email. Then once a week when the scheduled virus scan starts it completely grinds to a halt

The best one was my monitor - they gave me a 14" that was really blurry (an old CRT). It was so bad I seriously couldn't read what was on the screen. After failing to fix it four or five times, the IT department eventually agreed to give me a different one (another ancient CRT that they had lying around - but at least it works). Then, a week later a new guy started and was complaining that his monitor was fuzzy - they gave him my old one!!

Reaction score
One place I worked it happened with bad keyboards (Windows). People starting locking them in their desks until someone realized one key fits all.

So they started taking them home! LOL!!!

OP
giulio
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 5.1 | iMac 7.1 | iMac 12.1 | iMac 19.1 | iPhone 11 Pro | Watch s5
Alas, I have Minesweeper!
hahaha! That's great!!

I have an XP machine at work. Slowly and surely I find mac equivlaents of all windows programs.
Can't find one for MSSQL Server Enterprise Manager or IE (for Microsoft CRM).
If not for those. I'd turn the thing off for good.

And Mac Entourage ssuucckkss but I have to run it to get mail on the Exchange server. Mail.app wont work, even with IMAP.

eric

Retired Staff
Reaction score
echo cherokee - except my "work mistress" is used more for spider solitare. ;)

she's also a laptop, ghetto docked (aka no dock, lots of wires) to KVM, network, and power, uh, and headphones. ;)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.