• The Mac-Forums Community Guidelines (linked at the top of every forum) are very clear, we respect US law and court precedence when it comes to legality of activity.

Therefore to clarify:
    • You may not discuss breaking DVD or BluRay encryption, copying, or "ripping" commercial, copy-protected DVDs.
    • This includes DVDs or BluRays you own. Even if you own the DVD or BluRay, it is still technically illegal under the DMCA to break the encryption. While some may argue otherwise, until the law is rewritten or the US Supreme Court strikes it down, we will adhere to the current intent of the law.
    • You may discuss ripping or copying unprotected movies or homemade DVDs.
    • You may discuss ripping or copying tools in the context that they are used for legal purposes as outlined in this post.

using imovie project in Final Cut Express

Reaction score
Hi,

i;ve recently installed FCE 3.5.1 and am trying to move over from iMovie to the more advanced features. However i want to rework footage i imported as iMovie project for my friend. i can open it just fine but the sound seems to be replaced by series of beeps. But when i preview a clip i can hear the sound just fine.

I would have thought the transition should be seemless.

Also what file formats are compatible with FCE. I have a Sony HD camcorder which records in Mpeg 2. It won't play on quicktime even with mpeg 2 codec installed from Apple....but if i can edit it in FCE i wouldn't be too bothered. I was told that i can convert them to DV using toast...which is fine but if there is a better solution for FCE i would appreciate it. I am contemplating just getting a decent Mini DV camera instead....prefferably a hiDef one.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.