• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

Poll: Need Ideas for a position paper.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Apple Black MacBook 2 GB RAM, 2.0 GHZ Intel Core 2 Duo Proecessor, 120 GB HD. 30 GB Black iPod Video
OK, so I have to write a position paper for a class stating my position on a particular issue. I have a passion for so many things political that I can't really decide which subject I'd like to tackle. I've posted this poll up so anyone interested could vote on what my subject should be, and whichever subject has the most votes by the end of this Saturday I'll write my paper on. I need that much help deciding.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" Powerbook G4 • 24" iMac • iPhone 3Gs
Same Sex Marriage.

OP
TheCustomer99
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Apple Black MacBook 2 GB RAM, 2.0 GHZ Intel Core 2 Duo Proecessor, 120 GB HD. 30 GB Black iPod Video
Same Sex Marriage.

Good suggestion, but I'm so uninterested and unopinionated on the subject that I'd be bored out of my mind writing it. It'd basically be a paper saying how little I care about it and how I think we should just let people vote on it.

Reaction score
You're going to post the paper when it's done, right? It would be a shame to vote and not know how it turns out. :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
3.4 Ghz i7 MacBook Pro (2015), iPad Pro (2014), iPhone Xs Max. Apple TV 4K
Why Human Induced Global Warming is a myth....

OP
TheCustomer99
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
You're going to post the paper when it's done, right? It would be a shame to vote and not know how it turns out. :)

Oh sure, if you all are interested I could do that no problem. It isn't due for about 3 weeks though so it will be a while. I just need a suggestion by the weekend so I can start researching.

Reaction score
Just as long as you don't next ask, "Where can I download a good paper about this subject ..." :D

(not that I think you would ... regulars will get the joke)

OP
TheCustomer99
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Just as long as you don't next ask, "Where can I download a good paper about this subject ..." :D

(not that I think you would ... regulars will get the joke)

I hear ya Todd. I remember that thread. I was one of the people there telling him not to do it. I LOVE writing and I LOVE stating my opinion, so I wouldn't ever consider doing something that stupid.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 2.93C2D 4GB
I voted for "The problem with Creationism being taught in Science classes." and I'd like to see how it turns out too, whichever subject you choose.

Another good subject not on the poll would be stem cell research.

eric

Retired Staff
Reaction score
ditto moss.

i'd like to see a paper on why corn based ethanol is a stupid pipe dream that just pushes oil consuption farther down the supply chain in vehicles that run much less cleanly.

OP
TheCustomer99
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Another good subject not on the poll would be stem cell research.

That's a good idea, but a lot of people do stem cell research on their position papers.

corn based ethanol is a stupid pipe dream that just pushes oil consuption farther down the supply chain in vehicles that run much less cleanly.

That could work well as a title for the paper also. :D

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Pro 8 Core 2.8, 6gb Ram, 2TB HD space, Geforce 8800GT//Macbook Pro 2.16, 2gb Ram
Man Customer, you got quite a list there. I can understand why you're havin trouble pickin a subject, they're all too interesting to write about. They're all great topics to voice your opinion on, and I know for me, I'd probably have a blast writing about any of them.
However, I personally lean towards religions. I'm a religiousy type of guy. So I'd either go with the Religious Right, or Creationism.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15in i7 MacBook Pro, 8GB RAM, 120GB SSD, 500GB HD
I'm with Eric on this. Corn Based Ethanol is the worse "end oil dependency" plan.

OP
TheCustomer99
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I'm with Eric on this. Corn Based Ethanol is the worse "end oil dependency" plan.

I agree too, it burns faster than gasoline and costs more in the long run.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
imac 20" 216 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo processor, 1GBSDRAM, 250 GB hd, Airport Extreme, Bluetooth 2.0
What about:

1. Battery powered cars, gas consumption and the political pressure to keep them from the public.

2. Cost of prescriptions drugs to the consumer is up to 1500% mark up.

Or, I'd also like to see a paper about Creationism in Science class if you're wanting to stick to your choices in the poll.

Good luck and yes, please let us know the outcome.

Reaction score
I dunno what I would do if I didn't have 93 octane....

As a bio major i like the creationism issue...
There is an overwhelming amount of evidence for this to write your paper on

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 2.93C2D 4GB
Evidence for creationism or evidence that there's problems with teaching it in Science lessons?

Reaction score
I hear ya Todd. I remember that thread. I was one of the people there telling him not to do it. I LOVE writing and I LOVE stating my opinion, so I wouldn't ever consider doing something that stupid.

Dude, I was just joking. I think you should apologize.

:ninja:

OP
TheCustomer99
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Evidence for creationism or evidence that there's problems with teaching it in Science lessons?

I'm hoping there's a lot against teaching it, because I'm completely against teaching Creationism.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.