no audio from quicktime

Reaction score
ok I dont know what happened but I get no audio out of quicktime when playing a movie. When I use vlc with the same file it works. I was getting a bluetooth error but I never changed the output device to bluetooth for quicktime. I just turned bluetooth off, I never use it for anything. The volume is up on quicktime and the mac. Anyone know what might be wrong?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.16 GHz Intel Imac Core 2 Duo//MacBook 1.83 Core 2 Duo//G5 Power Mac
You probably need the codec below.

Originally Posted by trpnmonkey41
http://www.mactcp.org.nz/quicktime/ I use the codec at the bottom and that took care of all of my avi audio problems in quicktime

OP
E
Reaction score
the thing is that it was working fine before. With all kinds of video files. Now it plays none. Everything works fine in vlc but not in quicktime. When I first noticed the error I got a bluetooth error as if it was trying to play into a bluetooth device. But I don't see anywhere where I can change that option.

M

MacHeadCase

There was this trick with GarageBand, wasn't there? I think it went like this...

Launch GB, drag and drop a couple of loops, any loops, in some tracks, play the loops. Quit (no need to save the awesome tune).

Sound should now resume.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.