• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

M$ users stampede

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
G4 1Ghz OS X 10.4.7
:eek: M$ users are having all this fun and we are -- well just being happy! :) :cool:

S

Stevejac

two comments

My Xp machines downloaded and installed the upgrades automatically, already.

Since I've owned my iBook (3 months) there've been a few apple security downloads. They weren't automatic. So who is having more fun?

OP
witeshark
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
G4 1Ghz OS X 10.4.7
My Mac updates are auto - you can set it that way

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" iBook G3 900/640/40 _ _ Power Macintosh G3 All-In-One 315/768/20 _ _ 20 GB iPod
Stevejac said:
My Xp machines downloaded and installed the upgrades automatically, already.

And who knows what else is being downloaded/uploaded "automatically" as well? :cool:

OP
witeshark
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
G4 1Ghz OS X 10.4.7
Right, the advent of trusted computing :rolleyes: That is something I want NO part of! PS: What are the odds that posts here saying OH my wincrashXpee did this great! and windows is running fine crap are we gonna believe? :p :eek:

T

TylerMoney

Mine updates automatically...checks once a week about.....I don't have to go to a web site and wait for anything either...if I want to do it manually...it's really really really easy..

looky there..just checked it while I was writing this...oh, nothing new. I'd better go update my XP though...I guess I need to start reading up on windows agian...haven't paid much attention to it since I got my mac...these kind of updates are pretty important.

T

TylerMoney

btw, where do I go for that? (the windows patches that is.....) On the microsoft site?....my auto update is dead on my pc....for verious reasons I won't get into.

OP
witeshark
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
G4 1Ghz OS X 10.4.7
TylerMoney said:
btw, where do I go for that? (the windows patches that is.....) On the microsoft site?....my auto update is dead on my pc....for verious reasons I won't get into.
Yeah on the M$ website the windows update can be found very easily - there are many routes leading to it

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacPro 3.0Ghz 16GB RAM, 4x256 Vid, 30''cinema display
lol... they couldnt even get the hardware to support their patch.

M

Matt

Why do you knock windows, is it because your all are use to the days of 95,98 and 98SE? My XP machine works beautifully, which I havn't updated since Febuary.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 2.6 GHz Core 2 Duo 4GB RAM OS 10.5.2
Most of us still work with PC's at work.. and usually that is XP. I have no idea what type of a user you are, but when you're at work and are doing something pretty intensive on your XP machine and it continually crashes, and you have to continually worry about virus's, spyware, adware, etc etc.. it gets to the point where you want to just throw it out the window and go buy a mac so you don't have to worry about those things anymore. Now someone who uses XP at home, like my father, and who is not a power user at all, it works for him and seldom ever crashes.. It depends on your use and your experience :)

OP
witeshark
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
G4 1Ghz OS X 10.4.7
Yeah, I totally agree with that. One of my friends is a doz dedicated and a power user and forces his and his family's machines to just work B**** and they do. But I prefer Mac, then Linux thanks! :)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.