Where is this Apple website? I'm going NUTS!

Reaction score
There is some website I think someone posted it here at one time that showed the average lifespan of an Apple product before it was updated and how long the current one has been on the market. It also gave recommendations on whether or not to buy now or wait.

Does anyone know which site I am talking about???

Reaction score
on the same not... i just bought my macbook and have no clue with apple trends but when leopard is released are we gonna have to pay for it? or is it going to be a free update?

OP
M
Reaction score
I just found it

http://guides.macrumors.com/Buyer's_Guide

I like how it has the time cycle and when you click on the older release dates it will show you the price and features.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP 2.2ghz SR!
I just found it

I like how it has the time cycle and when you click on the older release dates it will show you the price and features.
Unless it comes out within two weeks of your purchase date... you'll have to pay for it.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Powermac G4/450 OSX 10.4.11
Useful looking site - thanks for the link

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook
I just found it

The problem with that site (and others like it) is that there is no way to accurately predict when things are due for updates. All those sites do is show you when things were updated in the past. There is no discernable "timetable" for the update process, and that is proven by the dates they list for a product cycle. The dates are sporadic at best, thereby rendering that site (and others like it) useless.

There is no "average lifespan", rigid cycle, or any regularity to the updates that occur.
These sites simply speculate, which is no more than you or I could do.
:black:

If you are looking for anything even remotely close to a guide as to when you should buy an Apple product, then you have two events to focus on... the WWDC and the MacWorld Expo. If you are looking to buy a system more than 3 weeks prior to one of those events, then simply buy it. Forget about waiting.
If you are looking to purchase something and one of those events is less than 3 weeks away, then waiting may be beneficial, but by no means a guarantee that anything will be changed or updated to a particular product line from Apple.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.