I have a BIG problem...someone help please!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black MacBook, 2GHz, 200 GB, 2GB RAM
Ok, I was stupid enough to buy a screen cover to protect my glossy mac screen. It worked ok at first but soon bubbles started showing up and it impaired my vision when im using the computer.

I tried removing this screen cover but it was too tight at the edges. Im afraid i'd peel off the actual mac screen instead of the plastic. In the end i have a mac with a screen full of bubbles and i can't do a **** thing about it coz i can't remove the cover successfully.

My question is...has anyone of you actually put screen covers on your macs and what would you do if you were in my position?

thanx

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac's
Welcome to the forums Logan_284!

How does the mfg. suggest it be removed???

I had a similar fear when removing a screen protector from a handheld device, but in the end it peeled off without issue. (NOTE: This may not be the case for your MacBook... lets wait for a few answers before just PULLING it off).

:D

OP
Logan_284
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
That's scary...

Im squimish about any thoughts of wetting my new macbook with water. I still have a few months to pay for this thing and i'd just kill myself if it broke before i could fulfill those months.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" 2014 MacBook Pro, i7 2.5Ghz, 16GB RAM, 512GB SSD; iPad 3, iPhone 6
I'd take it to an Apple store and ask them to remove it for you.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13" macbook C2D; 24" Imac, 8GB Iphone
I'd take it to an Apple store and ask them to remove it for you.

i totally agree
or could you try smooth it out with a squeegie?

on my nintendo ds i had the same thing and i pulled it off and it left sticky gunk which had to be removed with acidic goo :D

^_^ hope this is of some relivence

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
i dont have no mac's
i would very slowly work on getting it off and dont use anything but your fingers...water could work but i dont actually think it would....water is relatively safe when used cautiosly and your book is powerd off and the battery taken out....

i dont think that it is going to bring any part of your screen with you. if in doubt and you can make it there def check out the apple store....especially if y ou got it there or it is a product you can buy there.

-chris

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
soon to be: 20'' 2.16ghz 1gb ram 250 harddrive.
i deleted my last post cause it was actually refering to removing stickers not screen covers

Reaction score
use a scalpel and cut alongside the edges but do it very carefully so you don't cut the surface of the macbook

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Powermac G4/450 OSX 10.4.11
use a scalpel and cut alongside the edges but do it very carefully so you don't cut the surface of the macbook

That's the sort of thing i was thinking while reading the thread
But... I don't know how this screen cover is attached or whether you want to remove it intact or not

OP
Logan_284
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Thanx for all the advice guys, I think i'll try the water trick...stickiness weakens when wet.

But no one has answered the 1st question, does that mean i'm really the only one who actually put a screen cover on their mac?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac 2.0 GHz Intel Core Duo, 12" iBook G4 1.07 GHz
I didn't know they made screen covers for laptops. Do you touch your screen a lot?

OP
Logan_284
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
yeah i kinda do, but the main purpose of it is to protect from dust.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.