I really need help!!!!!

Reaction score
I just got my Macbook Pro and I need help! You know how Microsoft has right click? How do you use right click on Macbook. I don't know how to save pictures and stuff now from online.

How do you get a desktop wallpaper unto your Macbook? Are there specific types of wallpapers that a Macbook has to use. I used to use right click unto an image for press set as wallpaper for my Microsoft.

Also is there a place for certain codes on a Macbook like Control V or Control C was on Microsoft!

Thanks guys if you can help!!

cwa107

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" MacBook Pro M1 Pro, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD
Enable two-fingered tapping for right-click (System Preferences -> Keyboard & Mouse -> Trackpad tab). Then tap with two fingers for a right-click. Alternatively, you can hold down Ctrl + click for a right click.

Keyboard shortcuts are numerous, see this page for some of the more common ones.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac's
Welcome to Mac-Forums and Congrats on the Mac!!!

Cwa107 is exactly corect and I'm sure that will help you a ton...

A really easy way to "Save pictures from the web" is to click the imae on the web, and drag it to your desktop or into whatever folder you desire.

Wallpaper...

Save the image into a folder.. I have a folder named "Wallpaper from the web"...

Now.. click on the System Preferences (The silver Light Switch with the Apple logo)

Then click "Desktop & Screensaver"....

You can choose from the supplied wallpapers or...

Click "Choose Folder"...

Then select your "Wallpaper from the Web Folder"

Select the Wallpaper you like best (Probably a picture of me :D) j/k

Your now set!!!!

Let us know if you have any questions.

OP
M
Reaction score
Thanks you guys sooo much!! Just wondering, once you make a folder how do you remove it from your desktop and still be able to have the folder? And then how can you find it? Also how do you rename folders?

I know how to create them but after that, that's it. :) lol Thanks

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac's
Create the folder... Then drag/hold it over the "Macintosh HD" icon in the upper right corner of the desktop... In a second the HD icon will "pop-open" then just do the same (Hold the folder over sub folders) and navigate to where you want the file or folder dropped...

Or just double click the HD icon, navigate to the folder you would like, then right click (this you already know) and create the new folder where you want it.

To rename the folder...

You can click it (it will become highlighted) then press ENTER... now type the new name and either press ENTER again, or click the desktop.

Or... just like Windows.. Click it... wait... click it again. Name it... press ENTER.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.