AirPort Extreme problems

B

Bluewolf

I inserted the card correctly, and it is connected to the antenna. However my PowerBook still wont recognise it. I have a suspicion the card may be broken :eek:

Is there anyway to check that without going down to your friendly Apple store?

(OS X 10.2)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" iBook G3 900/640/40 _ _ Power Macintosh G3 All-In-One 315/768/20 _ _ 20 GB iPod
Bluewolf said:
I inserted the card correctly, and it is connected to the antenna. However my PowerBook still wont recognise it. I have a suspicion the card may be broken :eek:

Is there anyway to check that without going down to your friendly Apple store?

(OS X 10.2)

Are you sure it's inserted all the way? My Airport card took a bit of effort to slide all the way in.

OP
C

chris041067

Padawan said:
Are you sure it's inserted all the way? My Airport card took a bit of effort to slide all the way in.

yes you have to get it in just right. Also i had to update all the Airport software and restart the machine several times to get it to finally work. Try wiggling it around a little

OP
T

taxxman2k

Padawan said:

Yes. Mine was not very co-operative either. I put it in and booted up and it couldn't find it. So I pulled it out and pushed it back in and made sure it was in all the way and it worked

OP
B

Bluewolf

One step forward two steps back

The Airport Extreme card was not broken after all. It merely needed to be pushed in all the way.

After much fustration and fiddling with the card it is now happily active. :D

I must admit it is a neat place for the card to inhabit, but that is an incredibly fiddly process. And the very short antenna wire did not help matters! :p

However like all things I am now onto my next problem, which is setting up my Airport Extreme Base Station. Not only do I have to do that but I also have to make the thing work with three other OSs. Namely Win ME, Win XP and Win 2000.

Any help with this matter would be apreciated.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.