New to Mac

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" Intel IMac
AFter years of listening to my sister extol the virtues of owning a Mac I finally made the jump. I picked up a 20" imac and absolutely love it. Very happy I switched. I do have one question on iphoto....Is there a way to set up one library from which two users can access the photos (instead of uploading into each profile)?
Thanks!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17" MacBook Pro
Firstly, Welcome! Now to answer your question, hold down Option while starting iPhoto and it will ask you to locate your library, simply choose a different one for each person. You can switch between them by holding down the option key on launch each time.

--Cheers

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
imac 17" intel core duo, 512mb,160gb, super-drive
i just received my first imac 17" intel core duo, which some of you may already know. Just noticed on the outside of the box that it was shipped in, it says IMac G5, is this the same thing as the imac intel..i was confused when i saw this, and thought i would ask before calling apple...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13" Macbook Pro 2.26Ghz Unibody 4G RAM 160G HDD Superdrive
i just received my first imac 17" intel core duo, which some of you may already know. Just noticed on the outside of the box that it was shipped in, it says IMac G5, is this the same thing as the imac intel..i was confused when i saw this, and thought i would ask before calling apple...

Hmm, that's odd. An iMac G5 is a completely different processor from an Intel Core Duo. To find out what kind of processor it really has (once it's booted up) is go to the little blue apple logo in the upper left corner in the menu bar and select "About this Mac"

It will tell you what kind of processor is in the machine, along with some other stuff about memory, versions of MacOS, etc. If it says Intel anything, you're okay. Otherwise, you got a PPC iMac which may or may not be what you actually bought.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17" MacBook Pro
Definitely check About this Mac, if it's not Intel take it back to Apple with your receipt and get it replaced.

In the future please start a new thread.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.