• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

macintosh sent me two computers when i only ordered one

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
imac 17" intel core duo, 512mb,160gb, super-drive
what do you guys think i should do. I received two identical imacs today 4 hours apart from each other. Two different fedex delivery guys came to my house. Do you think apple even realizes it did this...not sure how this happened...any suggestions...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook
I am sure they will if they don't already. Also, make sure to double check your credit card statements to make sure that you weren't charged for two. Even if it isn't yet, keep an eye on it to make sure it isn't and return the second computer.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
i dont have no mac's
check your credit card bill! either you hit submit twice or they really did ship two units, but they have proof that you recieved them and im sure you will be getting a phone call from them tomorrow stating how to get it back to them
-chris

OP
L
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
i plan on returning the other, and calling apple tomorrow...just totally confused about the whole thing..i was only charged for one...

Reaction score
Maybe they'll let you keep it for the inconvenience :D

But yeah... as long as you weren't billed for both, I'd call and let them know, as has already been stated.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17" MacBook Pro, 8GB iPhone
yea theres no way to hide that from apple, they may be a big company but i know they will find out they "misplaced" a $2000 computer.

OP
L
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
yeah, wouldn't that be nice..there was trouble with my first one, where fedex thought they lost it..but when i spoke with apple they told me to wait one more day and if i didn't get it to call them and they would overnight me a new one..well today was the one more day and i ended up getting two..the original and one overnighted...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17" MacBook Pro, 8GB iPhone
well atleast you got it, and its nice that they actually did what they said and sent one overnight. It just sucks you have to send it back, but most importantly is that you have yours now.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
White MacBook Intel C2D 2.2GHz, 2G, 250G, SD, Leopard.
Well, they know now. The tracking numbers show you accepted two computers. Asking what we thing you should do - knowing the fuller story now - seems a bit dodgy, doncha think? You paid for one, they sent a second on good faith, believing the first had been lost in transit.

You own one of them; the other belongs to Apple. It's pretty simple. Give them a call in the morning.

OP
L
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
no...not dodgy at all..they told me they weren't going to send a second one, until i waited one more day to see if i received the original, which i did...and i wasn't asking you what i should do ..i already know to send it back..i was asking for suggestions on how this could have happened...don't judge, please..if i wanted to be dodgy, i wouldn't have brought it up, now would i??

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac's
i plan on returning the other, and calling apple tomorrow...just totally confused about the whole thing..i was only charged for one...

Integrity = What you do when no one else is looking.

YOU certainly passed that test with flying colors!!!!

Great job, and +REP+ to you!!!!

OP
L
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
thanks ride...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
what do you guys think i should do. I received two identical imacs today 4 hours apart from each other. Two different fedex delivery guys came to my house. Do you think apple even realizes it did this...not sure how this happened...any suggestions...

no...not dodgy at all..they told me they weren't going to send a second one, until i waited one more day to see if i received the original, which i did...and i wasn't asking you what i should do ..i already know to send it back..i was asking for suggestions on how this could have happened...don't judge, please..if i wanted to be dodgy, i wouldn't have brought it up, now would i??

Okay, I'll buy that somewhat, BUT your opening statement in your opening post says, "what do you guys thing i should do." When I read the remainder of the post, it doesn't say anything about knowing what you should do.

I'll take it as a miscommunication. ^_^ That's a miscommuncation on my part, at least as much as in your opening statement, given your middle post. Mea culpa.

OP
L
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
if you read my next post that said..i already plan on sending it back and calling apple tomorrow, then you would have understood..i guess i misworded my opening statement and should have said what do you guys think happened..sorry for not writing things perfectly..the point was still there if you read all the posts..

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
if you read my next post that said..i already plan on sending it back and calling apple tomorrow, then you would have understood..i guess i misworded my opening statement and should have said what do you guys think happened..sorry for not writing things perfectly..the point was still there if you read all the posts..
Reread my prior post please.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
3.4 Ghz i7 MacBook Pro (2015), iPad Pro (2014), iPhone Xs Max. Apple TV 4K
My first though on reading the OP:

"Wait 2 weeks and then hit E-Bay!"

Ok, so my moral compass doesn't always point true North....

OP
L
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
that is what my boyfriend said to do also...the guilt would kill me though..i am already torn with guilt knowing that i have it sitting in my front room in a box, while i am using another one..i am too honest...it would haunt me forever..

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
PowerBook G4 15 inch 1.5 GHz, iMac
I agree with my brother, keep it, the big  will never find out.

;)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 2.93C2D 4GB
If I felt there was a way for it to go unnoticed I'd say keep it, but that's unlikely. I would also not suggest you return it though... if they want it back they can come and collect it!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.