Best Buy stores not much benefit to Apple..

Reaction score
Best Buy is supposed to be an Apple reseller but as far as i can see from our local Best Buy, it simply uses Apple as an iPod loss leader. I went there today to see if they ever got in a shipment of Apple TV. The salesperson didn't know what I was talking about at first - then she realized it was a new product and remembered - we looked the aisles together amongst all the widescreen TV's and found three(3) Apple TV's (in the box) on the bottom shelf with no sign - nothing to indicate what they were - she quoted me a price of $199.99 - I should have jumped on it.

This same store advertises the iMac in it's Sunday newspaper flier - both the 20" and 24" - but there is not one in the store!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP, 2.16GHz Intel C2D, 2GB Ram, 120 GB HD
Best Buy is supposed to be an Apple reseller but as far as i can see from our local Best Buy, it simply uses Apple as an iPod loss leader. I went there today to see if they ever got in a shipment of Apple TV. The salesperson didn't know what I was talking about at first - then she realized it was a new product and remembered - we looked the aisles together amongst all the widescreen TV's and found three(3) Apple TV's (in the box) on the bottom shelf with no sign - nothing to indicate what they were - she quoted me a price of $199.99 - I should have jumped on it.

Apple, thus far, hasn't been very cooperative in giving us information on how they want us to sell the AppleTV. I mean, I understand perfectly how it works. But I'm not about to waste my time trying to explain it to some Tom, **** or Mary. It's the same reason when I sell a HDTV, I don't go into detail about what resolutions mean and the scientific gargone of contrast ratio. You only tell people what they can comprehend.

Obviously, her quoted price was way wrong. And more than likely, being a new product and a sales associate who didn't understand how it worked, a manager wouldn't let that price hold up.

This same store advertises the iMac in it's Sunday newspaper flier - both the 20" and 24" - but there is not one in the store!

If you read the ad closely you will see, "Available in select stores and at bestbuy.com/macs" That's the same reason that you won't find the Pioneer Elite series at every best buy. Only those that are large enough to house them or the Magnolia Series Stores.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
imac 20" 216 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo processor, 1GBSDRAM, 250 GB hd, Airport Extreme, Bluetooth 2.0
We had the same sad experience at Best Buy and ended up going to Comp USA. Not too much better but enough for us to make the sale.
Best Buy is where we were told that there was "no software for the Mac."

Reaction score
besy buy is horrible, the prices are always wrong on items and they are always behind on things. i went to buy a green shuffle and they didnt have them. the guy told me that "NOWHERE" had them. then i went to walmart and they had a whole display of them.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.4 GHz intel core 2 duo MBP, iPhone 5, iPad 3
write me down for "best buy sucks" I have gotten a lot of horrible information from that store regarding apple products.. I think half the problem is most of the employees at best buy make $8.00 an hr and have no knowledge about what they are selling and could care less.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macky the 21.5'' iMac 2.7ghz i5 8GB, Mr. Pink 64GB iPhone 6, iPad Jr. 16GB Air 2, 13'' MBAir 1.6Ghz
write me down for "best buy sucks" I have gotten a lot of horrible information from that store regarding apple products.. I think half the problem is most of the employees at best buy make $8.00 an hr and have no knowledge about what they are selling and could care less.

I agree. Best buy sucks booty (;)) for Apple products. At my best buy they do have an apple rep. but he's not always there.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15in i7 MacBook Pro, 8GB RAM, 120GB SSD, 500GB HD
I'm not a huge fan of Best Buy either, but my roommate works there, so I can get everything at employee cost. 50% off that 52in plasma :D

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.