What interface to use?

Reaction score
I am new to mac, but loving it. I bought it mainly to record with, and got a pro tools set up. Pro tools is crazy, and I really like the simplicity of Garageband. I just can't get a good vocal recording I'm not sure if it's something I need to set up different or what. Right now I have a Digi Mbox 2
Is this a good interface to use with Garageband? Any insight would be much appreciated.

Also when I use pro tools the mic seems to really come to life and get great acoustic guitar sounds and great vocals. I have a top of the line condenser mic just can't seem to make it work right with garage band.

cas

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook 1.83Ghz 512mb Mac OSX 10.4.8
i dont know, but i have an mbox2 too and i havny been able to use it with my macbook... it doesnt detect it... i asked about it on a Digidesign forum maybe you must chek it.

OP
P
Reaction score
Well I had that problem at first. I just had to install and run the newest version plus I bought mine used and had to get the new serial numbers for the update. it is way complex to get it up and going but the digi web site really helps let em know what's going on and you get almost immediate responses.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
1.83 Ghz 17" iMac Core 2 Duo, 13" Macbook 2.16 Ghz, 17" Macbook Pro 2.66 GHZ
What exactly is "wrong" with your recording? Could be a lot of different things are causing problems. What sort of room are you recording in? Do you need a preamp or phantom power? (If you're using a condensor I would imagine that you would need it, I do). Are the recordings too quiet, or to distorted?

Reaction score
Wait, I thought ProTools files couldn't read Garageband files. That's what I heard at least. I was thinking of maybe getting Logic Express instead. o_O

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.