Best DVD to WMV encoder?

Reaction score
I was wondering if anyone can let me know of some very good software(no matter freeware or shareware ) which allows me to encode from DVD format to WMV format. The encoding should give me high quality video and one that doesn’t give me sync problems etc?
(Encoding videos at 800kpbs)
thanks

Reaction score
what machine are you using, Mac or Windows?

You may have a go at MP4Converter DVD Ripper (not free, and not going to give a link) if you want to take anything other than a DVD and rip it down, that is, If you are under Mac. I have used it and it works OK, although, it's not fast. This is what you probably don't want to use if you are looking for free. Maybe someone else can provide a link to something like it, but free.

if you use it under Windows, there is staff like Xilisoft DVD Ripper that works, but also not free

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
3.4 Ghz i7 MacBook Pro (2015), iPad Pro (2014), iPhone Xs Max. Apple TV 4K
Why in the world would you want to encode in WMV? Use MP4 or at least DiVX.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
wanna one!
Could be wanting to use it with an Xbox360? that may be the reason I think of wanting something in a WMV.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.