A Hello And A Dumb Question

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" Macbook Pro, 2.33Ghz, 120Gb HD
Ive wanted a Mac for a few years now but never had the courage to take the plunge, until now. For exactly a week now, ive been the proud owner of a 2.33Ghz 15" MBP. Im quite gutted that I didnt take the plunge sooner to be honest, I love the thing to peices.

Now for the slightly dumb question, what are the keystrokes (if there are any) for copy and pasting a bit of text?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" Powerbook G4 • 24" iMac • iPhone 3Gs
Command - C for copy.

Command - V for paste.

Command is the key with the Apple on it.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black Macbook C2D 2GHz 3GB RAM 250GB HD iPhone 4 iPad 3G
Copy is Apple+C

Paste is Apple+V

Many of the keyboard shortcuts are pretty much the same on the Mac, it's just that you have to replace the Ctrl on Windows with the Apple key on a Mac. Don't worry though, it's not a dumb question. I'm sure practically every switcher had the same problem, I know I did :black:

OP
B
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Great :D

Thanks for the quick reply, much appreciated.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
- Macbook -
Welcome Brian, you live near me! Woo! lol

OP
B
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Indeed Flic, not far at all.

Thanks for the help everyone.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
imac 20" 216 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo processor, 1GBSDRAM, 250 GB hd, Airport Extreme, Bluetooth 2.0
Welcome Brian, no dumb questions here. Ask away and you'll get lots of help. Come back often!

Reaction score
I'm a switcher at home and use Windows at work. I'm at the phase now where I know the Mac keyboard shortcuts but...I'm constantly getting them backwards, using the Mac shortcut on the Windows machine, and visa versa.

It's funny and frustrating all at the same time.:D

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 15 inch 1.83. iBook G4.
the worst one for me is putting my mouse into the top left of my screen (my hot corner) and expecting all my open windows to all show or to go to the top left of a window to close,minimise or maximise.

In one hand its frustrating but it makes me appreciate my mac a whole lot more!!!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 24" 2.16Ghz Core 2 Duo 1GB RAM (default spec) ~ First Mac...Very happy with it!!
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.16GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, 2GB 667 DDR2 SDRAM, 160GB Serial ATA Drive @ 5400 rpm, SuperDrive 6x
In iTunes, when I want to select multiple songs, I would hold Ctrl on a windows. What do I hold now?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black Macbook C2D 2GHz 3GB RAM 250GB HD iPhone 4 iPad 3G
If you read my first post, you would have learned that all the shortcuts are the same, except you replace the CTRL key with the Apple key. Simple as that

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook white, 2.0 Intel Core 2 Duo Pro, 2 GB RAM, 13" screen
Welcome, Brian. I have screen envy. I have just 13", LOL.

I constantly use control/apple and "X" which is cut. cntrl/apple and "S" is save. And how to use the trackpad was VERY helpful!! I can't find a link to it, but I know one's out there. You can scroll up/down/left/right by dragging two fingers across it. And if you tap it once, it is the same as clicking with the button. Very cool and fast! :)

Enjoy.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook CoreDuo
I can't find a link to it, but I know one's out there. You can scroll up/down/left/right by dragging two fingers across it. And if you tap it once, it is the same as clicking with the button. Very cool and fast! :)

Enjoy.
thats all in the mouse settings (system preferences>keyboard & mouse>trackpad>trackpad gestures)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.