Safari Question

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 15", 2.66GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, 4GB RAM, OS X 10.8.2, iPad 1, 80gb iPod, ATV 1, iPhone 5
I am wondering... I have recenty converted. On windows, when you point to hyperlinks it shows you the address. When in IE it shows the address at the bottom and in emails and such it would pop up. This was useful in determining if it was a scam or somthing. I notice in Safari sometimes things so up but isn't always an address. Are there settings for this??
Mahalo

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 20" C2D 2.4 ghz 2gb iMac 20" C2D 2GB 256MB Graphics Macbook C2D 2GB Powermac G4 Dual 450
actually, just go to safari> view>show status bar
you dont need to download anything.

OP
dakineyj
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 15", 2.66GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, 4GB RAM, OS X 10.8.2, iPad 1, 80gb iPod, ATV 1, iPhone 5
Thanks, much better!

Reaction score
The home of the free and the land that did for Bra
Your Mac's Specs
24"iMac, 15"MB-Pro, MacBook, G4 iMac, PM G5 2x2Ghz, G4 iBook & Some PCs
A nice trick on Safari that I haven't seen elsewhere (well not as easy and clear anyhow) is Window->Activity, this shows you what the site you are visiting is actually doing and is useful when you get failures as it shows which cgi scripts or flash files were being executed.

Most errors on web sites are due to missing or incorrectly named files and this is an easy way of finding them.

Amen-Moses

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.