Fan Speed Control

Reaction score
I have installed Win XP on a MBP and the fans sound like they are at about 4K RPM all the time, even at idle. Is there any program that can control the speed of the fans in Windows? I have tried Speed Fan it does not work. Does anybody have this problem? Any workarounds?

Thanks

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27" iMac 2.7GHz Core i5, iPhone 6, iPad Air 2, 4th gen Apple TV
*Bump*

I just installed Parallels and I'm having the same problem. I have Fan Control and it's showing that the temp is at the lower threshold, but the fans are running at a constant 3,500 RPM. If I have to go off the power cord, I won't last an hour.

I suppose there's some interaction with Windows temp control causing this?? My fans tend to run a lot in Bootcamp, but not constantly!

I also noticed that when I have Parallels running, if I put a CD in it will appear in the Windows, but not OS X. A minor issue, but annoying.

OP
C
Reaction score
I found the fix for this problem. Just install SMC Fan control and make a new setting , about 3000 RPM and call it Windows fans or something. Then RESTART (don't shutdown) into XP the fans will stay at the desired RPM!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27" iMac 2.7GHz Core i5, iPhone 6, iPad Air 2, 4th gen Apple TV
Thanks Blender. I'll give it a try.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.