Total Newb here

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
- Macbook -
Hello all, been browsing the forum the last couple of days so I thought I'd take the time to introduce myself! My names Flic and I'm a TOTAL Mac convert after only a week of ownership! It's even starting to affect my sleep...

I was a self taught Windows user (VERY basic knowledge i might add! but enough) so I thought - what the heck! I like change, I'll give Mac a go... and I am in love! Well, as much as one can be in love with a Macbook. It was a bit temperamental getting it online, mostly down to my lack of skills regarding wireless router setting up! but everything is sorted now and it's fab. Everything just seems so much nicer on a Mac, I dont know what it is... but I am certainly hooked!

I know I am no where near using it to it's full potential yet! but I hope to be learning more and more as each day goes by, no doubt asking you lot a few questions along the way! Be warned I am a total novice, but i like to think I'm a fast learner (i hope!)

So, hello everyone! I look forward to bugging you all with my questions ;-)

Flic xxx

M

MacHeadCase

Well hello Flic! And welcome to Mac-Forums! I am glad to have you on board and I hope you enjoy this community as much as I do. You'll see once you know your way around, you'll find a fantastic bunch of people here.

If you want to read some great info, just take a look at eric's awesome thread, Mac-Forums Switchers FAQ and Information, it is really helpful to a lot of switchers.

Oh and enjoy your Mac! :girl:

OP
Flic
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
- Macbook -
Thanks so much for the Welcome! I'll be sure to check out that thread.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
imac 20" 216 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo processor, 1GBSDRAM, 250 GB hd, Airport Extreme, Bluetooth 2.0
Welcome Flic, you'll have lots of company here with people who are "in love" with their Mac's. You'll continually be amazed with how it "just works!"
If you haven't already, you might want to also check out:

www.apple.com/support/mac101

www.apple.com/support/switch101

Hope to see you around the forums often. :flower:

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Custom PC
Hey welcome to the boards!

Congrats on the new Mac.. I just got a new one yesterday too!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook 1.83 C2D, 1GB, 60GB, CD
Welcome Flic,

I just got a MacBook recently myself. I love it as well - in fact, all of my college work has been done on my MacBook. Think I've touched my Windows XP computer maybe 2 times in the last month - and that was just for games.

Welcome to the forums! If you ever have any problems, these folks are very knowledgable.

OP
Flic
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
- Macbook -
Awww, thanks you lot. I can tell i'm going to like it here already!

xxx

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.4 GHz intel core 2 duo MBP, iPhone 5, iPad 3
welcome to M-F. your questions are very welcome.. The only reason I come here it to answer others questions and give my opinion and advise.

M

MacHeadCase

And I thought you came here just 'cause you liked me so much. Aww shucks, KoDor. :blind:

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13" MacBook Pro
Awww, thanks you lot. I can tell i'm going to like it here already!

xxx

Welcome Flic.

Here's a tip. Learn to love the search function. If you post a topic that has already been discussed here umpteen times, some of the regulars here can get a little cranky. Just a friendly heads up. ;)

I hope you enjoy your Mac.

Reaction score
If you post a topic that has already been discussed here umpteen times, some of the regulars here can get a little cranky. Just a friendly heads up. ;)

Discussion of the search function, and the regulars' attitude towards those who are too lazy to use it, has already been discussed in other threads. Please do a search next time.

:bomb:

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
imac 20" 216 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo processor, 1GBSDRAM, 250 GB hd, Airport Extreme, Bluetooth 2.0
Welcome Flic.

Here's a tip. Learn to love the search function. If you post a topic that has already been discussed here umpteen times, some of the regulars here can get a little cranky. Just a friendly heads up. ;)

I hope you enjoy your Mac.

Cranky...What do you mean by that!!!! Regulars here NEVER get cranky, we don't even know the meaning of the word...how dare you! :radioacti

Just joking....:D

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2007 iMac 10.6.8 | 2009 MacBook uni 10.6.8 | 2010 MBA 10.8.5 |
Discussion of the search function, and the regulars' attitude towards those who are too lazy to use it, has already been discussed in other threads. Please do a search next time.

LOL

Flic, there are also some extremely funny and dry-witted folks around here with their tongues firmly planted (rooted practically?) in cheek!

Reaction score
Welcome aboard, Flic. You'll find a lot of helpful information here and many other places online. It's a little bit of an adjustment, but you can learn a lot by doing a bit of reading.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13" MacBook Pro

Sorry...I'll do my homework next time. :p

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13" MacBook Pro
Cranky...What do you mean by that!!!! Regulars here NEVER get cranky, we don't even know the meaning of the word...how dare you! :radioacti

Just joking....:D

LOL! :D

OP
Flic
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
- Macbook -
LOL

Flic, there are also some extremely funny and dry-witted folks around here with their tongues firmly planted (rooted practically?) in cheek!

Hehe just the kind of humour i am accustomed to then! ;)

Thanks for the lovely warm welcome all!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
IMac 24"
Hey Flic! Welcome to MF. As a recent convert myself (8 days as of today) I can tell ya they the adventure has just begun! I find new things almost every day, that and the folks here are extremely helpful... as long as ya search first :)

OP
Flic
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
- Macbook -
Oh Yeah, the search fuction is my best friend at the moment! But I fear that since almost all my questions have already been asked, what am I going to find to post about?! lol

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Trust me...you'll probably come up with something. It's just a matter of time. :flower: Even if it's one of those nice "Mac" surprises that happen quite often!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.