Double standard

Reaction score
I once got an infraction for using symbols like # and ^ and ! to represent a "bad word." I was told that the forum tries to stay free of such things because of younger people who may be here, and so forth. I understand and have absolutely no complaint about the rule or the infraction, which has long-since expired.

However, I was a bit surprised to see this advertisement all over M-F.com today. Don't get me wrong, I'm not offended in the least. Just wanted to bring it to the Mods attention in case they care. Personally, I'm all for more skin in advertising. :)

Picture 3.png

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro | LED Cinema Display | iPhone 4 | iPad 2
Thank you for pointing it out. I'll let iNet know.

M

MacHeadCase

Yeah I saw that one too and thought it was a crummy ad and a surprising one at that for this forum. I started thinking about PithHelmet again.

M

MacHeadCase

Oops! The girl is back...

Rub the genie's lamp... Puhlease. :bomb:

I saw it above the reply box/window.

Rub_the_genie.png

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Thanks, I've seen it as well. I sent an e-mail to iNet this morning.

Reaction score
I saw this ad this AM as well... and so did my 7 year old who was standing right next to me... I hope it is taken care of soon!

M

MacHeadCase

Personally, I just get fed up of seeing T&A pictures in forums. I cannot explain to you how seeing those effect me as a woman because of all my female culture and background. Telling you that if you saw a muscular sculpted Brad Pit kinda guy would probably not even effect you and you'd shrug it off, I guess, so I cannot make you see the equivalent for you as a man.

And I am not talking about kids, like pastorjay posted right above you. That's another real problem entirely.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Just wondering, what is so offensive about that ad? *shrug*

It's sexually suggestive and completely inappropriate for a "G" rated forum. We would never allow a user to have something like that as a sig, avatar, or posted in the forum.

On a personal note, I would never do business with a company that feels the need to advertise their products in that fashion. It's immature and crude. I would actually encourage anyone who is offended by the ad, to e-mail the advertiser and complain about it.

Reaction score
It's sexually suggestive and completely inappropriate for a "G" rated forum. We would never allow a user to have something like that as a sig, avatar, or posted in the forum.

On a personal note, I would never do business with a company that feels the need to advertise their products in that fashion. It's immature and crude. I would actually encourage anyone who is offended by the ad, to e-mail the advertiser and complain about it.
Yeah I guess I see your point.

OP
ToddG
Reaction score
Sex sells. Can't get around it.

I had a domain through GoDaddy for a year ... never would have heard of them if not for their well-known busty ads and probably wouldn't have remembered them if not for their ads.

Like I said, the ad didn't offend me. Just wanted to bring it to the Admins' attention because I knew it wasn't in line with forum standards.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac C2D 2.16ghz, 13" MacBook 2.0ghz, 60gb iPod vid, 1gb nano
As schweb said he e-mailed iNet about the ad this morning. We do not pick and choose what ads appear on the site, iNet handles all of that and we just handle the running of the board

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.4 GHz intel core 2 duo MBP, iPhone 5, iPad 3
bill gates in a thong. schweb, I am not going to be able to sleep for a month now.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
12" Apple PowerBook G4 (1.5GHz)
Dang

Truth is stranger than fiction. Much, much stranger. Bizarre, even. Bizarre and wrong on so many levels.

billg_casuall.jpg

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac C2D 2.16ghz, 13" MacBook 2.0ghz, 60gb iPod vid, 1gb nano
gates2gc8.jpg

What a man

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.