Photoshop Elements 3.0

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Pro, 2.53GHz, C2D, 4G RAM, 250G HDD
Hi All,

I bought a new camera today and one of the benefits was that it came bundled with Elements 3.0. Elements loads onto both my Macbook and also my PC, but will only run on the PC. It just crashes every time I try to launch it.

I am trying to use my MB for everything whenever possible, so this is a bummer. Anyone have any idea why it won't run on the MB?

Neil M.

eric

Retired Staff
Reaction score
are you sure it was a mac version of PE?

PE works fine on my macbook. not sure of the version though; i'm at work now (and macless).

have you tried to uninstall and reinstall?

OP
N
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Eric,

Yes, I'm positive its for a Mac, as well as for a PC!! It has all the correct installer scripts and the whole shebang. It came with my camera, a Leica D-Lux 3 and should work just fine, or so I'm told. I did uninstall it, repaired permissions and the re-installed it, but it was the same thing. It shows everything the way it should be in the Applications folder, but when I try to launch it, it crashes immediately.
I'm stumped.
Neil M.

eric

Retired Staff
Reaction score
weird. i'll have to see if my version is the same as yours.

good luck with the Leica! looks like a nice camera. just got a Panasonic Lumix DMC-TZ1 a month or two ago. has a great big Leica lens on it w/ 10x zoom...

390968287_9789af37d1.jpg

OP
N
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Eric,
Thanks for responding. If you come across anything I sure would like to hear about it. I understand the Lumix is a heck of a camera,

Happy Shooting!

Neil M.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.