• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

My first poll!

M

MacHeadCase

After all these years of hanging around forums, you'd think I'd have come up with a pole a long time ago... NOT! This is my first one!

Ok now... Who's anxiously waiting for iLife07?

And post away your reasons for it or against it.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
3.4 Ghz i7 MacBook Pro (2015), iPad Pro (2014), iPhone Xs Max. Apple TV 4K
Where is the Poll?

OP
M

MacHeadCase

I had too much items to post! :^P

It's there now... *Phew* That was hard work...

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
Where is the Poll?

Agreed! :spook: Not mocking you by the way, but you forgot to include the poll.

I am Very anxious though for the new iLife as I am hoping for an Excel type spreadsheet. If so I will probably use iLife for everything. Right now I use NeoOffice for my Excel work.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15in i7 MacBook Pro, 8GB RAM, 120GB SSD, 500GB HD
I just want leopard, I'm fine with iLife 06

eric

Retired Staff
Reaction score
OP
M

MacHeadCase

I'm kinda curious where iLife07 will take GarageBand, so I voted for the first item.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macky the 21.5'' iMac 2.7ghz i5 8GB, Mr. Pink 64GB iPhone 6, iPad Jr. 16GB Air 2, 13'' MBAir 1.6Ghz
I can wait for leopard and iLife 07 but I'm dying for iWork 07!!!!!

Ahhh, I can't wait any longer, Steve! ;)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook
I am in no rush for Leopard or iLife 07.
What I have now works just fine. True, I will likely upgrade but I am in no great hurry and I am not chewing my fingernails down to the quick over it.
When the updates come out, they come out. Getting hyped up over it won't make it come out any sooner and can drive a person batty. :tusks:
No offense to anyone, but I do think its kind of silly how people get worked up about pending software/hardware releases sometimes.
:black:

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
PowerBook G4 15 inch 1.5 GHz, iMac
I want iLife 07 now.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Apple Black MacBook 2 GB RAM, 2.0 GHZ Intel Core 2 Duo Proecessor, 120 GB HD. 30 GB Black iPod Video
iLife '06 has blown my mind past my wildest dreams. I have no need for iLife '07 at this point in time.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook C2D 2.4 2GB
I no longer wait for iLife '07. I no longer use iPhoto since i started using Lightroom and i quitted playing with iWeb once my .Mac account expired. I want to see Leopard, but i know i won't install it in my iBook and my next computer will come in 2008.

eric

Retired Staff
Reaction score
i just can't wait to see if simcity5 will be universal. ;)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini 1.83, iBook G3 800, iMac G3 233, Mac Classic, Apple IIc. And too many PC's to count.
I don't really care about software, but I have iLife '06 and Tiger, and that's all I need.Well, a bigger hard drive would be nice... 80GB ain't what it used to be.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27" iMac 2.7GHz Core i5, iPhone 6, iPad Air 2, 4th gen Apple TV
Will my Mac keep iLife '06 if I upgrade to Leopard or will it be wiped out? I only ask since '06 was free with Tiger and '07 is separate from Leopard. On one hand, since it was bundled with Tiger, it would seem almost justifiable, but mainly it would seem extremely greedy and underhanded.

Based on this poll so far, I think old Steve shot himself in the foot when he started giving it away. I definitely don't want to pay for it now, unless it comes with so many great improvements it will be like a whole new suite of software.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook
Will my Mac keep iLife '06 if I upgrade to Leopard or will it be wiped out? I only ask since '06 was free with Tiger and '07 is separate from Leopard. On one hand, since it was bundled with Tiger
Yes, you would retain your iLife 06 apps if you upgraded the OS.
And just to clarify, iLife is never "bundled with" the OS.
Yes, it is part of a total software bundle that comes with a new Mac from Apple, but there is never any need or reason to connect the iLife suite with the OS alone.

Also, I don't understand this part:
Based on this poll so far, I think old Steve shot himself in the foot when he started giving it away. I definitely don't want to pay for it now, unless it comes with so many great improvements it will be like a whole new suite of software.
Apple never "gave it away" for free. :black:
Yes, it was part of a bundle, but that software isn't free. It is part of the total cost of a new computer package from Apple.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 2.93C2D 4GB
I'm still learning my way around '06 so that will do for now.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.