My First Mac's Problems

Reaction score
I just got my first mac last night, i ordered from the refurbished apple store. when i first turned it on i was amazed. i love the way it looks and functions. I then installed a skin on it to keep it from scrathing. when i was doing so i noticed that on the bottom left of the left palmrest, there is a seperation of the case enough where its not flussed. when i was on the bottom of the laptop on the right bottom of the hindge, there was a dent as well at another sepereation of the case. i went to the apple store today and the mac guys said that even though it was refurbished, that was too much damage, they told me to call apple care which i did, they said that they would have someone call me within 1 business day to set up an exchange. it doesnt seem to influse the computer but the mac guy said that it could have pressure on a part and in the future it would mess it up. so, i am now waiting for a replacement people to call me. i understand that this happens so i am not upset. i am going to ask them if they can send me the replacement first and they i return this one. i really cant be with out a machine since i sold my pc two days ago. anything thing that sucks it the skin i already put, will more than likely be a waste. :radioacti

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27" iMac 2.7GHz Core i5, iPhone 6, iPad Air 2, 4th gen Apple TV
You have to be happy they're willing to exchange it. I think most refurb sellers would shrug and say, "it's used". I like to hear stories where Apple is maintaining high standards. It keeps the value of my computer high and my faith in their products strong. A rough start, but a positive outcome.

I was a hotel manager and we did a lot of customer surveys for satisfaction. An interesting outcome about those surveys were that people who had a problem and got a satisfactory response were more satisfied than people who didn't have any problems at all! Any business has problems or makes mistakes. It's how they handles those problems that will set them apart from the competition and create loyalty.

By the way, Welcome to the world of Macs!

OP
D
Reaction score
THANKS for the welcome. yeah as long as a get a good one. it took a couple of months to gather enough money for it so i need one that works. normally i would be mad, but since i dont have any history with apple, im giving them the benefit of the doubt. will let yall know what happens

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
White MacBook C2D 2GHz 1GB Ram 80GB HD
I got my refurb macbook last friday and it has the same separation going on but only in the back left corner. I just kinda shrugged it off but will eventually take it to my nearest apple store, as I need to get some cables anyways, and see what they say. Also, my "clicker" below the trackpad doesn't work well if at all when I click the right side of it, but I'll see what they say wih that as well. It kinda sucks, but if it gets fixed I'm not going to be too concerned with it.

Also, Welcome to a secure and user friendly computer world. :black:

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.0GHz Intel Core 2 Duo Macbook, 2GB DDR, 160GB 7200rpm SATA, Super Drive
Sounds like

Some dumb one is refurbishing these and making the same mistakes. Maybe you two should collaborate and see if the same guy worked on and certified your machines and get him outta there!:bomb:

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.