Images from Macbook to camera.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Pro, Intel Core 2 Duo 2.4 Ghz, 2GB RAM
Hello there everyone, I'm a noob in this forums and I don't know if this has been posted before but I did a search and found nothing.
Is there a way to transfer photos from my Macbook to the memory card in camera? Any program or utility? Or any trick? Because I have a photo printer which reads sd cards, and I can transfer images to my computer, but then I want to edit them and transfer them back to the memory card to print them out and I can't do it. Please help me! Thank you!

PD: I have the Core 2 Duo Black Macbook and my camera is a Kodak V750.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black Macbook C2D 2GHz 3GB RAM 250GB HD iPhone 4 iPad 3G
I know with my Canon that you can do this with the software that came with my camera. I'm not sure if Kodak's software has this capability.

Now, another option you can consider is getting a USB card reader. They're really cheap and you can pick them up at any local retailer that sells computer accessories. Then all you do is stick the SD card into it, drag the pictures over, and you're set to print.

Though may I ask why don't you just print straight from the Mac?

OP
blinkdude182
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Good question! I need a special USB cable which costs 45 dollars and didn't come with the printer :(
And I also checked the USB card readers but I hoped I could find a way to work it out without needing to buy one.
Thanks alot anyway! By the way!! Is there a downloadable version of the Canon program?

M

MacHeadCase

Welcome to Mac-Forums, blinkdude182. The Canon software will only work with Canon cameras. The only thing would be to buy a card reader just like Kash says.

Card readers really aren't expensive at all and they can also become essential if you have to update your camera's firmware one day. I googled it up and some don't even cost $10.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 2.93C2D 4GB
As you have a Macbook maybe you should go for a USB thumb drive type reader as they're more portable. I only use SD/MMC cards so I went for this Click!

Obviously when I say "more portable" I'm talking about no wires etc.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black Macbook C2D 2GHz 3GB RAM 250GB HD iPhone 4 iPad 3G
Good question! I need a special USB cable which costs 45 dollars and didn't come with the printer :(
And I also checked the USB card readers but I hoped I could find a way to work it out without needing to buy one.

Where are you looking that a printer USB cable is costing you $45?! USB cables are dirt cheap. Hmm, but after looking at Best Buy's website, it looks like retail outlets are really ripping people off when it comes to cables (what else is new?). Since you gave a link earlier to a Fry's, I checked their site and found a bunch of cheap USB cables. Getting a USB cable should definitely be cheaper than getting a USB card reader.

As you have a Macbook maybe you should go for a USB thumb drive type reader as they're more portable. I only use SD/MMC cards so I went for this Click!

Obviously when I say "more portable" I'm talking about no wires etc.

The problem is that his printer only takes media that a digital camera uses, and last I checked, a USB thumb drive wasn't a supported format by any camera. He has to use SD since that's what the printer supports and what his camera uses, hence the USB card reader.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
1.83 MacBook 2GB RAM
Is it possible that you could just plug the camera into your macbook and open the camera as a drive. Then just drag your photos into it? Never tried, but I am able to manually drag images from my camera to my hard drive. Just a thought.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 5.1 | iMac 7.1 | iMac 12.1 | iMac 19.1 | iPhone 11 Pro | Watch s5
You said you can transfer the pics to your computer. How are you doing that?
Also, "what Craig said". That does work, at least it does for my sony camera.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 2.93C2D 4GB
The problem is that his printer only takes media that a digital camera uses, and last I checked, a USB thumb drive wasn't a supported format by any camera. He has to use SD since that's what the printer supports and what his camera uses, hence the USB card reader.

The link I posted is a card reader, it's just as a thumb drive instead of a box linked with a USB cable - So the SD/MMC card (of any capacity) goes into the thumb drive making it a more portable card reader.

So, images can be dragged to the thumb drive from the Macbook as normal but you can then take the SD card out of the thumb drive and put it in your camera or printer etc.

OP
blinkdude182
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Thank you all for your help! I guess I'll just have to buy a USB card reader, and the one from the link looks great and it's £12...and it shouldn't be more than $20.
Is it possible that you could just plug the camera into your macbook and open the camera as a drive. Then just drag your photos into it? Never tried, but I am able to manually drag images from my camera to my hard drive. Just a thought.

You said you can transfer the pics to your computer. How are you doing that?
Also, "what Craig said". That does work, at least it does for my sony camera.
What did you do to open it as a drive? When I plug it in, all it does is to open iPhoto, and I don't even use it, I use Image Capture because it let's me choose which pictures to transfer. So is there a setting I can change to make my camera work as a drive? Thanks again for the help.

eric

Retired Staff
Reaction score
when you connect the camera, does it show up on your desktop or in the sidebar of finder? if so, you should be able to just drag files back and forth like Craig and giulio suggested.

OP
blinkdude182
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
No :( it doesn't show up at all. I'm gonna buy the reader.

eric

Retired Staff
Reaction score
yeah, i've got a sandisk one i got for about 14 bucks. very nice thing to have.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
1.83 MacBook 2GB RAM
I suppose it depends on the camera model. When I plug mine in it appears as a removable drive on my desktop called "NO NAME". Good luck with the reader.

Reaction score
I suppose it depends on the camera model. When I plug mine in it appears as a removable drive on my desktop called "NO NAME". Good luck with the reader.
Thats how it works with my sony. I have the hp 6180 printer. And it has a wireless connection with my mac. You can put the sd car din the printer transfer it to the computer edit and transfer. Or just print from the computer. Not bad for $200

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
G4 AGP 400 MHz 1.34gb RAM
This is how mine works: When you look under Camera Menu in your camera, for Camera Configuration, there should be an option for Disk Drive. After you do that, and plug your camera to the computer, an Icon appears on the Desktop.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
ibook g4, imac 2ghz c2d, mbp 2.4ghz c2d - 10.5.1
i have never tried but i know with the card in a card reader it works either way - just like a thumb drive/memory key.

So sureley the camera can write to the card otherwise it wouldnt be able to store the pics.

let me know what the end result is.

ta

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
PowerMac G5 2.3 ghz 6.5 GB ram 20" cinema display ..15" Macbook Pro 2.33 Core 2 Duo 2 Gig RAM
What printer do you own and where did you get it that it did not come with the USB cable? I would bring it back.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.