Can't send files in iChat.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 2.16ghz Core Duo | 1GB RAM | 100 GB HDD | 256MB ATI RADEON x1600
I have recently tried to send files to other people in iChat, but they always seem to fail (it says they are not responding, but i know they). I wanted to know if there was a reason for this, so I can fix it.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.6GHz Core i7 15" MacBook Pro - 8GB DDR3 SDRAM - 750GB 7200 RPM HDD - GeForce 650M GT 1GB VRAM
Most people these days use 3rd party AIM clients, and most of them screw up file-sending in some fashion or another. I would guess that's your problem unless your friends are actually using the AIM program itself. Another possibility is that maybe you're behind a firewall that's preventing you from sending files.

OP
Ninjab3ar
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 2.16ghz Core Duo | 1GB RAM | 100 GB HDD | 256MB ATI RADEON x1600
Most people these days use 3rd party AIM clients, and most of them screw up file-sending in some fashion or another. I would guess that's your problem unless your friends are actually using the AIM program itself. Another possibility is that maybe you're behind a firewall that's preventing you from sending files.

The friends im trying this with have either AIM or iChat. I'm also assuming im not behind a firewall, since i never set one u, unless comcast internet already firewalls their internet, but i dont know

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.