Remote Desktop

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13" White MacBook 2GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, 1GB RAM, 80GB HD.
Hello, all. I have a question. Is there a program for MacOS X that I can use similar to remote Desktop on Windows? I need to remote connect to a server at work. Any advice will be helpful.:black:

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13" Macbook Pro 2.26Ghz Unibody 4G RAM 160G HDD Superdrive
You mean remote desktop from your Mac to a Windows Terminal Server? If so, oddly enough Microsoft provides just such a client for the Mac, and it is free. I use it all the time.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 5.1 | iMac 7.1 | iMac 12.1 | iMac 19.1 | iPhone 11 Pro | Watch s5
Yeah I second that vote for RDC, if you need to remote pilot your PC. But use "RDC Menu". It allows multiple connections at once, and sits nice in your menu bar.
http://www.xutils.com/rdcmenu/

Picture 2.png

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27" iMac 2.7GHz Core i5, iPhone 6, iPad Air 2, 4th gen Apple TV
You mean remote desktop from your Mac to a Windows Terminal Server? If so, oddly enough Microsoft provides just such a client for the Mac, and it is free. I use it all the time.

Holy cow! I'm so glad you brought up this program. I have my old PC still that's basically a downloading workhorse. I used to have to switch the monitor over to it and use a different keyboard/mouse. Now I don't meed all that hassle.

Thanks Walker. Big rep!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac aluminium. 500GB, 4GB, 2Ghz and whatever else is in there...
Sorry to resurect an old thread, but at least I didn't make a new one. I've tried downloading the remote desktop client from microsoft, but I can't open the file. My Mac doesn't know what a hqx file is, and it tries in vain to open the bin file in toast. Help!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
12" Apple PowerBook G4 (1.5GHz)
Sorry to resurect an old thread, but at least I didn't make a new one. I've tried downloading the remote desktop client from microsoft, but I can't open the file. My Mac doesn't know what a hqx file is, and it tries in vain to open the bin file in toast. Help!

The .bin and .hqx formats are obsolete compression formats that require StuffIt Expander to unpack. http://www.allume.com/

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.