• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

Who would win? v.2

eric

Retired Staff
Reaction score
superman is an alien, and therefore nonexistant.

batman wins by default.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac 2.0 GHz Intel Core Duo, 12" iBook G4 1.07 GHz
Unless Batman pulls a Kryptonite-tipped Batarang out of his butt, Superman's going to stomp him.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook C2D 2.4 2GB
I hate Superman.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
macbook
I hate Superman.

haha, I never liked him much either. Having only ONE weakness (which isn't naturally found on Earth anyway, if I recall correctly) is what I'd call 'rigged'.

Having said that, should those two have a fight, I'd say Batman's going down. I prefer Batman to Superman, but Batman's no 'super' hero, just a 'greater than the average bloke' hero, with money out his ears.

Superman with his little curl of hair bugs me, and I never liked the design.

And Eric makes a very good point...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook C2D 2.4 2GB
Because Batman is a smart guy, he should be prepared for an attack, at least that what the Internet says. Also, the original Superman would refuse to kill while Batman wouldn't mind to kill.

Still... http://www.biggercheese.com/index.php?comic=608

Superman is too perfect, it is the prototype of the ideal (good) superhero. I use to like Superman cartoons and comics when i was a kid but now i find him a boring character.

Another link: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Batman_vs._Superman

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27" iMac 2.7GHz Core i5, iPhone 6, iPad Air 2, 4th gen Apple TV
Superman would take him out instantly, but it's not a fair fight since Batman doesn't have any super powers. That's what I like best about Batman though. He didn't need to come from another planet or expose himself to nuclear waste to do his job.

I really liked the Superman persona and his view of mankind as explained in the movie "Unbreakable". For those who don't like him, it would make dislike him even more.

OP
cheesybanana
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
C2D MacBook Pro
Superman was killed in the book. And not by kryptonite.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15in i7 MacBook Pro, 8GB RAM, 120GB SSD, 500GB HD
Superman wins for strength, but batman wins for coolness.

OP
cheesybanana
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
C2D MacBook Pro
Heh. I totally just received a negative rep for this thread. Explaination? "Pointless"

I didn't think "pointless" was a problem in the Anything Goes section.

Someone is compensating for the lack of love in their life :(

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Custom PC
The only thing that separates Superman from all super-heroes, is that fact that, yes he is technically an alien, and the fact that he is BORN with his super powers. Every other super-hero aquires them usually from some accident (Spiderman gets bit by a toxic spider, etc).

I like neither, but SuperMan would definetly take out batman.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook
The only thing that separates Superman from all super-heroes, is that fact that, yes he is technically an alien, and the fact that he is BORN with his super powers. Every other super-hero aquires them usually from some accident (Spiderman gets bit by a toxic spider, etc).

I like neither, but SuperMan would definetly take out batman.
Superman wasn't born with superpowers. He only got them when he crossed into our galaxy's yellow sun. On his home planet (if it still existed) he would have been no different than you or I.

Either way, Superman and Batman are both lame and have both worn out their cool factor about 30 to 40 years ago.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
12" Apple PowerBook G4 (1.5GHz)
In a fair fight, Superman.

On the other hand, if given the chance, Batman could and would nuke Superman from orbit.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Pro 2.6 GHz, 4 GB, 200 GB, 256MB Vid
head to head, Superman wins everytime. there aren't many characters in the DC universe that can stand toe to toe with supes, let alone beat him.

Batman has the street cred, but that is all he is really good for.

(i still prefer batman though)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27" iMac 2.7GHz Core i5, iPhone 6, iPad Air 2, 4th gen Apple TV
Chuck Norris!!

Yeah! We needs a Chuck Norris vs. Jack Bauer thread!

Norris has the moves, but Bauer has amazing stamina.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.