Installing programs on iPod

T

TylerMoney

Howdy all

I was wonder if it is a good idea to install, and run programs off of my iPod..using it as an external drive. I know there is no problem storing things on the iPod...but I wondered how it would be to install something like cinema 4d onto my iPod, and run the program from it...or if it's even possible to actually install something to the iPod.

I would like to know, cause eventually the 40gig on my powerbook will be up....and I would like room for more programs on the iPod....

well...any suggestions or comments would help. tata :D

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
G4 1Ghz OS X 10.4.7
Yup! you can used the iPod drive as backup just fine! :) :D

OP
T

thewanderer

I think its ok to store things, but I would never run apps off of it, it wasnt ment for that kind of use, and if you are worried about long life then I would avoid that when possible

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
G4 1Ghz OS X 10.4.7
thewanderer said:
I think its ok to store things, but I would never run apps off of it, it wasnt ment for that kind of use, and if you are worried about long life then I would avoid that when possible
This is actually good advise :cool:

OP
T

TylerMoney

Yeah...well...I ended up taking that advice before hand...decided that I'd just use it for starage and music...didn't want to stain it too much....it's worth too much, and I need it to last me...forever.....basically (at least in tech terms..meaning four or five years).

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.